APPLIED OPT On JAN 24th - STILL HAVE NOT GOT IT

callbala

Registered Users (C)
I applied for my Opt on jan 24th 06 and still have not got approval. Some of my friends who applied after me got it. Is this common? My Opt start date is 15th May. What if I don't get it by then?
Please help.
Thanks

applied for OPT EAD on Feb 14th

I applied for OPT EAD on FEB 14th. Still haven't heard from them. It has been 70 days now. Got a letter saying they received my application and my filing date is 14th Feb. nothing after that. Has anyone with a similar or later filing date received the card or decision? My start date was april 1st. I have a job in hand and they are kind enough to wait for my card.

Thanks

Hi OPT_vermont,
did you get the OPT? I am in a similar position, and was wondering how long is Vermont taking to process OPT application these days? any inputs will be appreciated.

-thanks

opt_vermont said:
I applied for OPT EAD on FEB 14th. Still haven't heard from them. It has been 70 days now. Got a letter saying they received my application and my filing date is 14th Feb. nothing after that. Has anyone with a similar or later filing date received the card or decision? My start date was april 1st. I have a job in hand and they are kind enough to wait for my card.

Thanks

Work Authorization for OPT

:confused: I have applied for OPT with start date as August 1.Vermont Center got my application on June 27th. As per the proccessing backlog my EAD card should come by end of August. But I have a job offer to join from August 1. Can I start working from August 1 , once I see that my application is approved online? IS it necessary to wait for the EAD card though in my EAD the start date will be August 1st, but unfortunately I dont think I will get it by August 1st? Kindly help

But how will they track whether I have started before the EAD reciept date.On my EAD card August 1 will be imprinted...I dont know , I am only asking...So if they approve my case before August 1, then do u think it will be sensible to let go a job opportunity . And they are ready to do H1 for me...But the problem is if I push them to do it now it wont help...becoz the start date wont be until Oct 1st.

You will have to fill a I-9 form in the first 3 days of ur job. So you will need ur EAD card. ALso u will be on the company's payroll. So its very easy to know if u worked with them.. If u work before getting ur EAD card its illegal.
We are all in the same boat as u. Waiting for EAD to get approved. I am sure ur company will wait. Just talk to them and tell them ur situation.

do u have any information on the latest update of processing time? the last update I have was updated on June 20. Do u have any latest information?

Thanks for your prompt reply

today i recieved reciept notice of application. It was recd on June 28th. What is your update ? Did u sign up for email notifications? is your employer waiting for you ?

Yeah, my employer is waiting for me to join... They have already filed my H1B petition last week with USCIS in the masters quota under premium processing. Did not receive the H1B petition receipt notice yet.

I am waiting for my EAD to arrive so I can start working. My receipt date of I-765 was May 19th at TSC.. got the receipt notification and nothing since then...

I am just hanging in there witing for my EAD to arrive... because I will need to relocate as soon as I get my EAD. I hope it gets approved soon..

How frequently do they post the updates of processing time...since June 20 I have no idea what VSC is upto?

Ya i know you told me about this before...but after June 20 there are no updates...probably I am just getting too impatient . I havent told my employer about this whole waiting process ...they think I will be joining thm by August 1...though I have not signed anything for accepting the offer it is just a verbal confirmation ...and I dont have any other offers...it is pinching me to let it go...

you need to get a written offer from the company.. if u did not, ask them... If ur company can wait for u for 2 months then its better to tell them about this.. I am sure they will know the process...
EAD from OPT seems to be taking very long these days...

hey Sridevi

Did u c the latest update ..it has not even moved a single date...I dont know what to do...is any contact number you know of to call them ..?? I am so disgusted...

Calling them dosen't help.. I called them and was left even more confused...
Its a frustrating wait and these people do not even seem to be bothered to process our OPT EAD applications.
Hopefully they will start processing the EADs soon.. lets only hope...

I just found something ...may be u know it from before

see the instructions page of the I-9 form :

http://www.nd.edu/~finaid/pdfs/i-9.pdf

"Employers must complete Section 2 by examining evidence of
identity and employment eligibility within three (3) business
days of the date employment begins. If employees are
authorized to work, but are unable to present the required
document(s) within three business days, they must present a
receipt for the application of the document(s) within three
business days and the actual document(s) within ninety (90)
days.
"

So if my EAD card has been applied from August 1. Then I can start working and present my EAD even after 90days...when is ur joining date?