Applied I140, 1485

livewithit

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

I applied I -140, I-485 Concurrently in April and got the EAD and AP.My question is i can C the status of all except the I-140.Is it common that I140 status could not be found on the website and on 1-800 no.A month back i could hear on 1-802 no .now i dont c it on 1-800 no. WHEN I CHECK ON LINE IT SAYS

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

friends, pl let me know if this is common problem to all.will there be any problem if i call them and find out.earlier i called they said they couldnt find it in the system as it is too early to get into database.but now almost four months passed.there is no change in online status.
I have all my other friends cases which can be seen online.

will there be any problem if i keep calling them.somebody said its not a good thing to call and wait until i hear from them.

pl post ur suggestions and thanks a million.

I guess you have filed in Vermont service center

Usually BCIS updates the Receipt notice information on their online system in 3-4 weeks, in your case it is way past beyond that date.

I guess you should stick to your original Receipt notice from BCIS and enquire about this issue, I saw some threads where people had same issue with updation on online systems.

I guess as long as you have the receipt notice from BCIS , you are OK to prove that you filed so and so date ...

I dont think calling BCIS often will cause problems, but you sure do have an issue to discuss because of their error. I knew they keep track of people calling based on EAC # because i was told once by an officer that they have my name in their system called in so and so date

Thanks a Lot kvpt_mm for the info.I will try calling them and find out.
Also if any of the people has the same problem pl do post ur feedback.

hI,

I called BCIS this afternoon and a nice lady helped me taking all the info of mine and alien no .She said that they would reach back me in 3 to 4 weeks with updated info.She has taken my phone nos.

Does any one in this forum has the similar problem of I140 info missing in the online system. Pl post your feed back in case u talked to BCIS.

Pl let me know what exactly happens in case any body has the similar problem solved.

Thanks kvpt_mm for your suggestions.

Thank Q All

Hi ,

As i said the other day that i talked to officer at BCIS and kind lady said that they will let me know in about three to four weeks.
is it usual or common that it takes 3 to 4 weeks for updating my status in the database and phone system.

Pl let me know your opinion suggestion in this regard.

Thanks a million

same situation

Hi,

I am also in same situation. I filed for my I-140 in March 2003. I got my EAC number. But the online sytem still says they cannot find my number in their database.

I called BCIS. They said as long as I have my EAC number, nothing to worry.....Ofcourse, I am worried. But I could not go beyond that.

Tundra123

Hi Tundra,

I could the EAC no of I140 and I 485 for all friends of mine.My question is if we dont get to know abt our files then what if the BCIS comeup with RFE after one + year for I140 and what if one shuts down the company or closes completely.

iam thinking its a better idea to call up and fix the problem now itself.

my attorney says as long as u have the recipt no its fine even if u dont find the status online or phone.

did u find out the reason for no able to c ur file online.

iam planning to call up again and find out.

friends pl share ur suggestion incase u came across the same problems and solved it.

My lawyer said the same thing that as long as you have the EAC number, it is fine. She also said that she has seen cases like this before.

A friend of mine was in a similar situation. His 140 was approved, but the online system always said that it could not fine the EAC in its database.

Post your developments after you call BCIS. I can follow ur path if your thing works out.

I need a favour from you guys!!
My friend labour has got cleared and now he is going to file for 140/485/EAD/ap Concurently .. He told me that his attorney is charging him hell lot of money ..Could you guys pls tell me approxmately howmuch we need to pay to attorney ..
I just need a figure ..
Guys we are loosing a hell lot of money on this yaar

Kishu

Originally posted by livewithit
Hi Friends,

I applied I -140, I-485 Concurrently in April and got the EAD and AP.My question is i can C the status of all except the I-140.Is it common that I140 status could not be found on the website and on 1-800 no.A month back i could hear on 1-802 no .now i dont c it on 1-800 no. WHEN I CHECK ON LINE IT SAYS

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

friends, pl let me know if this is common problem to all.will there be any problem if i call them and find out.earlier i called they said they couldnt find it in the system as it is too early to get into database.but now almost four months passed.there is no change in online status.
I have all my other friends cases which can be seen online.

will there be any problem if i keep calling them.somebody said its not a good thing to call and wait until i hear from them.

pl post ur suggestions and thanks a million.

There are so many lawyers. They aprox. charge the similar amounts- 4K- 6K. Most have websites with rate quotes. Immigration.com, murthy.com,..........
HTH