Applied for LCA & Completing 6 Yrs on H1B--->Help!!!

NISHA

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have a friend who has filed for LCA in 2001, and his 6 yrs on H1B is getting expired on June. Will he get an Extention after 6 yrs. Please help and what additional documents are required to submit to INS for such a case.

Thank you!!

:) ::)

Yes

I think they have new laws (not sure if ac21 allowed too) that allows a person to renew H1s as long as the labor has been filed.

Of course if he loses his job or the application is rejected he might have to return asap.

Originally posted by NISHA
Hi

I have a friend who has filed for LCA in 2001, and his 6 yrs on H1B is getting expired on June. Will he get an Extention after 6 yrs. Please help and what additional documents are required to submit to INS for such a case.

Thank you!!

:) ::)

Your friend should be eligible to extend his H-1B (7th year), since his LCA has been pending for more than a year. Fill out I-129 and choose H-1B not subject to CAP. Also enclose a copy (stamped by dol) along with the I-129, in addition to the other required documents. Also include a covering letter stating as to why he is eligible for 7th year extension. (S 2045 bill).

If your friends LCA is denied he will be out of status.