Applied for GC thru wife in Feb 2001 -- still haven't heard anything

yorker

Hi,

I applied for my GC thru my wife (US citizen) in Feb 2001 at San Jose INS; filed I-130, I-485, basically everything needed at that time. In June of 2001, I moved to San Diego and got my case transferred to San Diego INS by going to the San Diego office. it's now Dec of 2002, 18 months from the time I first filed my I-485 and I still haven't heard anything from them.

Went once to INS San Diego to enquire abt status and they said they would send something in the mail in abt 4 weeks. It's been 3 months and I still haven't heard anything, not even fingerprinting notice.

How long does it usually take to get to the fingerprinting stage, from the time of application? How long till the interview? Is it normal for my case to take this long?

Yorker

this time is unsual. i suspect it is because of transfer of your file.
Are you sure your file has been transferred?
The best thing that your wife can do is call the local senator or congressman and explain him/her everything. I have seen many cases where calling senator/congressman has helped people in your situation.
Good luck.

NOTE: This is just a personal opinion and not a legal advice

Change of address was the screwup

Hi all,

I went to the INS office and found out that they had sent fingerprinting notice to my previous address, in spite of my submitting a change of address form on time. They then re-scheduled me for a fingerprinting appointment, finally got my address correct, and have scheduled a Green card interview for me on the 25th of Feb.

Any tips on what I shd take to the interview, what kind of questions I can expect et al...

Satish