application of US citizenship but married to expired H1B visa

simplyme

I am green card holder and I will be eligible for my US citizenship application this coming January2010. My husband has an expired H1 visa just a few days ago. We got married here in US 2 years ago and we have a 1 year old baby. My concern is if it will affect my application for my citizenship since my husband's visa is expired. I already filed for a petition for him for an alien relative for more than a year now.
And if I got my citizenship hopefully, i can file for an adjustment of status from immigrant to US citizenship to quicken the process of his petition. Will there be a problem , if they find out that his visa is expired while waiting for his petition?

Hope someone can help us.

Thanks, simplyme

I am green card holder and I will be eligible for my US citizenship application this coming January2010. My husband has an expired H1 visa just a few days ago. We got married here in US 2 years ago and we have a 1 year old baby. My concern is if it will affect my application for my citizenship since my husband's visa is expired. I already filed for a petition for him for an alien relative for more than a year now.
And if I got my citizenship hopefully, i can file for an adjustment of status from immigrant to US citizenship to quicken the process of his petition. Will there be a problem , if they find out that his visa is expired while waiting for his petition?

Hope someone can help us.

Thanks, simplyme

My case is the same as your husband's. There shouldn't be a problem. You can check out my old posts about this topic. Good luck!