Application abandoned - please help with info

Sadanand Sahasrabudhe

Registered Users (C)
My notice date is April, 2000, EB2. INS sent me a letter today saying they are considering my application abandoned because they sent me a FP notice in October 2000 and I did not respond to it.

I never got the notice, neither did my lawyer (assuming he would have contacted me if he did). My lawyer is out till Monday so there is no way to find out what happened.

Does anyone know of a similar situation? Any information will be highly appreciated.

Trying contacting VSC ASAP!

Don\'t wait for yr lawyer. Call VSC and ask them to reissue the FP notice as it was never recvd by you or yr attorney. Ask them for the fax number if they need this request in writing.

I also did not get FP, called IIO

My ND is 10/00 and I also did not get any FP yet. Last week I called INS and the IIO said probably fP must have been lost somewhere. Anyway he said he will send another one within next 30 days. I do not know the fax# to request them in writting. But hope the verbal assuarance helps from IIO. So you may try calling IIO and request for FP. BTW if you get the fax# please post it

No Title

Good thinking on your part to call. I should have done the same but long time ago.

My problem is, INS - Vermont never sent a warning and they have considered my 485 application abandoned and hence denied. At this point, I can\'t call and request another fingerprinting. I have to file a \'motion to reopen\'. My only claim there can be that I never got the notice, neither did my attorney.

If they deny the motion, I will have to file another 485 which would put me back 18 months. O well, good luck with your application.

You are supposed to have your

finger print done in four momonth after INS issuing the
FP print notice to you.

For my case, My lawyer received my FP notice on October 25, 2000
and he did not told me that so my FP has been delayed almost
two months.

I think you should call INS to tell them your situation and It should
be possible that they will issue you another FP notice.

Suggestion to you: You should visit sites like this one regularly so
that you could get pretty good idea what your case situation is like.

Good luck!

Ask your attorney to talk to VSC

Hi,

I faced the same situation. My FP was received by attorney and it was misplaced my FEDEX. I also got a I-485 denial. My attorney talked to VSC help desk and they were able to open my case with service motion. I received my new FP notice, 10 days after my case was opened. So ask your attorney to talk to VSC, and see if the case can be opened by VSC itself through service motion. If this does not happen, your attorney can file a motion to reopen your case.

Hope this helps.