appear for FP without reschedule????

satyakvn

can i get my fp done without rescheduling,I am in virginia, I cannot make 11/07 which is my date.But I can go next tuesday.
It cost me $200 to change my ticket from india

while browsing i found that i can go in 84 days or something ,But it does not say the same thing on the notice copy that i received in fax from my friend

what is your service center oops123 ?

what is your service center oops123 ?

Is there instruction mention on your receipt ?
My friend got fp notice from NSC and doesn't have any instruction for 84 days.

Is it possible rules for rescheduling are different by service center wise ?

Any comments ?

JB

My service center is Vermont (VSC).

I don't think there was any 84 days period mentioned on my FP notice. I believe it did list a phone number to call to reschedule if I was unable to go on the scheduled date.

At the INS office I explained that I do not have any appointment on that date and I asked him if it would be possible to get the FP done today. He nodded yes without any further questions and gave me a simple form to fill in. All the people were very nice and contrary to what I had read about INS and its service, I was extremely satisfied with the INS service. (This was my first visit to any INS office in US).

There were just about 3-4 people waiting for this service and the whole process was completed within 8-10 minutes.

oops

was it in Boston?

Hi oops123,

Did you go for FP in Boston? If so, could you please give me info about the location, etc? I'm planning to go there this week instead of my FP date (11/06).

Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks!