Appeal + New NIW

NIW_NSC

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Please advise

As you might know, I am appealing my rejected 140 and also planning to file for a new NIW

If my NIW appeal gets rejected before I receive a decision on the new NIW and the 2nd NIW later gets approved, can I use the 485 filed with the first one?

What if the new NIW gets approved even before I hear on the appeal? Can I transfer the 485 then and retain my PD?

I am from a retrogressed country and so even if I file for a new 140, I can file for a new 485. So, I am trying to figure out if filing a new NIW now is even worth it.

Thanks much

NIW_NSC said:
Guys,

Please advise

As you might know, I am appealing my rejected 140 and also planning to file for a new NIW

If my NIW appeal gets rejected before I receive a decision on the new NIW and the 2nd NIW later gets approved, can I use the 485 filed with the first one?
I doubt !! i am not sure!

What if the new NIW gets approved even before I hear on the appeal? Can I transfer the 485 then and retain my PD?

YES!

I am from a retrogressed country and so even if I file for a new 140, I can file for a new 485. So, I am trying to figure out if filing a new NIW now is even worth it.

I got different answers for this....about filling two I-485...generally speaking no .......but some say otherwise!!