AP using & iEAD experience at LA

xyk

Registered Users (C)
[AP using experience]
Oct 22.

landed on LAX, went to the INS counter with AP,

Officer checked the original AP, made a copy and imprint, wrote sth, then handed original one back to me. Asked my parents' first name and what i am doing right now. that is it.

I-94 showed that date is AOS, not one year!

[iEAD at downtown LA]
Oct 23.
arrived at 3:40 am, found a parking place right next to the free way, $3 for a whole day.

76 persons before me when I joined the line, around 5:00 am, i counted about 100 persons behind me.

6:00 am we went into the building. After being screened by the officer, I was given a ticket of J015 around 6:50 am.

at 8:20 I was called and asked to hand in the documents (1, original I-765 receive notice, 2, I-765 application form which you may filled out when waiting in the hall, 3, copy of I-140 approval notice & I-485 receive notice). Then officer gave me a notice indicating that I need go to the 6th floor.
at 6th floor, where I was finger printed and photographed. Around 9:00 am I got iEAD with valid from Oct 23, 2003 to Jun 22, 2004.
My comments: both went smoothly, for entering US, AP suffice. For iEAD, if you are not that in a hurry, arriving at 7:00 am is OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by xyk
$3 for a whole day.

$3 for the WHOLE DAY????? DAMN! All the more reason to move to So. Cal. Just paid 18 $ for 6 hours in SFO! :(

Congratulations on the smooth experience. Thanks for the post! :)

Exiting US using expired I-94 and entering using AP anyone???

Hi,

What was the expiry on the I-94 when u left the country?? My I-94 has expired since it stated the H-1 expiry date, while I moved to using the EAD as soon as it expired.

Just wondering if someone else has a similar experience of using an expired I-94 while leaving and returning on AP?

Thanks,
Raj.

[AP using experience]

Re: Exiting US using expired I-94 and entering using AP anyone???

Originally posted by suchiraj5
What was the expiry on the I-94 when u left the country?? My I-94 has expired since it stated the H-1 expiry date, while I moved to using the EAD as soon as it expired.
Just wondering if someone else has a similar experience of using an expired I-94 while leaving and returning on AP?

Wouldn't worry about it if I were you. It happens to all of us who are adjustee's. Usually I-94 is given only for 1 year from date of entry into the country. If you are an adjustee there is no time duration upon your stay other while your case is under adjucation.