AP use question

sarzi

I am an F-1 student and I got married last year. My husband is US citizen. We want to go back to my country for him to meet my parents.

I will get my AP soon. But I don't know what documents should I bring with me. Did anyone have similar experience? What kind of question will the inspector ask when I enter US? Do I need to bring my I-20 and school transcript with me? I am entering through SFO.

Thanks!

U need to show them the AP w/ passport @ immgration, then they will ask you to go to another room w/ your husband.

Wait for your turn, then the Inspector will ask u some simple questions such as when did u guys get marry, where do u live, is it the first time u enter US w/ AP, what was the status before u get married.

Then he will stamp on your AP, that's it. As I recall, I didn't bring any special document w/ me.

Very fast, take around 10mins..

But my husband needs to come back two weeks before me because he doesn't have too much vacation time. Will it be ok if I just come back alone? Thanks for your reply!

I used my AP twice to come back to the U.S. and I did not have any problems at immigration. I was traveling alone in both occassions and I was out for 3 weeks and 2 weeks respectively.

Thank you! Were you a F-1 student? I am just wondering if they have different procedures for F-1 students than for H-1 and H-4 people.