AP Travel Question

Daya12

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
My current Advance Parole is valid until Sep 10th. On April 24th, we applied for the new AP. I am planning to travel to India on August 18th and return by Sep 5th (for 3 weeks)

My questions are
1. If the new AP doesn't get approved by August 18th, can I travel with my old AP to India on August18th and come back by Sep 5th?
2. What will happen, if my new AP gets approved when I am India? Will there be any issue in the port of entry with my old AP?
3. My travel agent informed that the old AP will get cancelled once the new AP is approved? Is it true?

--------------------------------------------------------------
My lawyers office reply for the above questions:
Yes, you can travel on your present Advance Parole since it doesn't
expire until Sept. 10 and you are planning on returning on Sept. 5.

There should not be an issue if your Advance Parole is approved. It
will not cancel your present one.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Just want to have an second Opinion.

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Hello,
1. If the new AP doesn't get approved by August 18th, can I travel with my old AP to India on August18th and come back by Sep 5th?

Of course, the document is still valid until Sept 10th.

2. What will happen, if my new AP gets approved when I am India? Will there be any issue in the port of entry with my old AP?
3. My travel agent informed that the old AP will get cancelled once the new AP is approved? Is it true?

Nothing will happen if your new AP gets approved. The old AP is not cancelled. Because of the processing time, my new AP was approved almost 2 months before the old one expired. I entered the US without issue on the old one, even though I had the new one sitting at home.

mdh