AP Renewal

jollyguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

I wanted some advise on AP renewal. My lawyer charges LEGAL fees of $500 for filing the AP for the family besides the INS Fees. I think that is highway robbery but maybe its only me. Anyway I wanted to find out if anyone has experience in filing the AP on their own and if its safe to do it or better to go with the lawyer. Also I wanted to find out about the filing center. I live in Sunnyvale, CA and my district office would be SJ so can you please help me interpret this statement and find out where I should file my AP renewal (if I can do it myself). Does this statement mean that I can file in SJ or not and can you guide me as to the best way to find out where I should file the AP.

"If you are applying for Advance Parole (to leave the U.S.), send your application to the District or Sub-Office with jurisdiction over your place of residence, or to the Service Center if your case is pending there."

Thanks for all your help.

500 $ is highway robbery. AP is simply to apply for, and it shouldn't cost you more than 120 $ give or take 10 $!

There is an extensive thread floating around somewhere written by Jaxen, search for it, and it should answer all your questions. If you can't find it, post back here and someone will help you out!

Hi 140,

I was able to find a couple of threads on the subject but they were old so I am not sure if the information would still be valid. Can you please confirm or if Jaxen reads this and let me know it would be great.

Also I was unable to find any info on the location I need to send the application to. Can you please help me figure that out.

Thanks

Originally posted by jollyguy
"If you are applying for Advance Parole (to leave the U.S.), send your application to the District or Sub-Office with jurisdiction over your place of residence, or to the Service Center if your case is pending there."

where is your case pending?

CSC...I am not sure if that is the info you are looking for. If not please let me know so I can figure out how to get it.

Tasse,

pardon my ignorance. I am new to this site. Can you please let me know what I should search on.

thanks