AP question

lrb

Registered Users (C)
I'm trying to apply for AP for travelling in November based on my pending I-485 with VSC. What documents should I attach to my application? I know I need I-485 receipt notice. Do I also need to attach copies of my I-94 and H-1B approval notice. My H-1B does not expire until January 2006 and my husband's H-1B does not expire until September 2006. We do not have H-1B visa stamps. In the instruction for I-131, it says if one has H-1B visa status, he/she should not apply for AP. In this case, if we attach our H-1B approval notice showing valid H-1B visa status, can we still get advance parole? Many thanks for your help.

lrb said:
I'm trying to apply for AP for travelling in November based on my pending I-485 with VSC. What documents should I attach to my application? I know I need I-485 receipt notice. Do I also need to attach copies of my I-94 and H-1B approval notice. My H-1B does not expire until January 2006 and my husband's H-1B does not expire until September 2006. We do not have H-1B visa stamps. In the instruction for I-131, it says if one has H-1B visa status, he/she should not apply for AP. In this case, if we attach our H-1B approval notice showing valid H-1B visa status, can we still get advance parole? Many thanks for your help.

Doesnt matter. You can still apply for AP even if you are on H1-B. Send a copy of your I-94 and a copy of your H1-B Approval notice (I-797) to show your present status in the US. Other docs needed are mentioned in the instructions page of I-131