AP Question

teluguvadu85

Registered Users (C)
I am planning a trip to india in DEC this year. I have to use AP doc for travel.
Do i need to take transit visa(germany) if i have un-expired canadian GC card (i live in US)??

Anybody faced this situation.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

There might be some exceptions by Frankfurt airport but i don't believe that on basis of Canadia PR card you are any different from any other Indian using H1b to travel thru their Germany.
Canadian PR card used to allow you to travel to US without needing any visa which is stopped after 9/11 also. I once used to be Canadian PR; like i said it didn't give me any specail status to avoid transit visa.. ur best answer lies in German consulate; call them and ask them.

I am planning a trip to india in DEC this year. I have to use AP doc for travel.
Do i need to take transit visa(germany) if i have un-expired canadian GC card (i live in US)??

Anybody faced this situation.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Irrespective of your Canadian PR, you don't need a transit visa for
Germany (Frankfurt) if travelling with a valid AP.

r u sure matt_s_r ??? 2 months ago i was planning to fly via Frankfurt so i cantacted GConsulate and i was specifically advised to get T Visa. I have an AP too... now may be they changed rules in these 2 months......
Now i'm going thru Amterdam.. no visa reqd there... :)

Thanks guys.

I called Germany consulate, they said i don't need T Visa as long i have valid Canadian PR. I am planning to take visa to avoid surprises.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.