AP pending more than 3 months

Yellow Knight

Registered Users (C)
My wife's and mine AP have been in pending status for more than 3 months (Notice date 3/14). However, my father-in-law is very sick now, and we've got to head back.

Any idea how long will it take to get the approval?
Can we get something like interim AP?

Thanks for kind suggestions.

Yellow Knight

Nothing like I AP

I am pretty much in the same boat as you are.
I have attempted similar things, but no luck.

Although following is possible
a) Write a note to TSC/ Fax it if you have a fax number. Tell about your emergency for the same.
b) Get this endorsed by a congressman/ Senator.

Nothing works otherwise.

Do you have an H1/ H4? If yes, may be of help to come back.

Go To Local BCIS Office with your AP Receipt (also EAD, I485 Receipt, Passport). Let them know. You may get your AP on the same day.

If you have any email, Fax or any proof of emergency that may help you a lot.

You can find out from BCIS 1-800 whether they do this or not. Give a try

local office does not help

Local office does not help in this type of emergency.
They expect it to be done at TSC only. I have wasted several days ( Memphis/ Fortsmith). Both office do it, if they were filled at their office.

Write to TSC/ talk to 800 number are the only options.

same boat

I am in the same boat.I have a ND OF 03/03. Till now nothing happened.Want to visit India at the earliest possible.I searched several places,but not getting a clear idea that there is an interim AP.But there is an emergency AP which is issued by local office and I think you need some proof like there is an emergency.If there is an interim AP don't how long we can stay.If anyone knows about about please respond immediately.I don't know if you need a specific reason for an interim AP,if existing.

may01
Each local center has their won rules. If your local center won't do means not everybody won’t.

Yellow Knight
There must be some way to it. Call BCIS and find out there must be one door open always.

Trying is not loosing.

Yellow Knight & Rhope

I live in South FL and I have tried for my Interim AP back in April at Miami office since my AP was pending with TSC since December 02. They were asking me to bring a doctor letter, a fax and a telegram showing an emergency from back home and said it will be done in a week. Also it was going to be a new application with a fee, but I change my mind to Travel since I couldn't wait for a week to get my AP.

Suggestion: I think you should try with your local office and make sure to bring supporting document to them and I am sure it will work out for you.

Things you need,

Supporting document (letter, fax or telegram)
I-485 receipt
AP receipt
2 immigration photos
Fee and a face that you really need to travel, if you know what I mean

I hope it will work out for you

Thanks

I appreciate all your comments. It looks pretty difficult to get AP early, and I am not sure if I will do it.

I will follow up if there is any progress.

Yellow Knight

Go to Charlotte sub office for AP

I am planning on a trip to Charlotte to test my luck of getting my Emergent AP.

Any suggestion how early should I arrive there?

Thanks,

Yellow Knight

Re: Go to Charlotte sub office for AP

Originally posted by Yellow Knight
I am planning on a trip to Charlotte to test my luck of getting my Emergent AP.

Any suggestion how early should I arrive there?

Thanks,

Yellow Knight

Got to go really early, like arriving at 6:00AM. It is safe that way.

The office open at 7:30AM and close at 12:00 Noon. I was there last week for my iEAD and I arrived at 8:10AM but could not get into the office. There was a long line of 30 to 40 people.

According to my estimate, only around 30 people made into the office that morning. The door closed when there were 7 applicants in front of me.

Need to go another time I guess.

I had a similar situation in last November. I called BCIS 3 days in a row and finally got a sympathetic IIO. Then, my AP got approved in 2 days and BCIS Fedex it to my address. (may be te first time in history)

I am not sure if this works in your case as there is no more 214 number. But try calling the 800 number and if you are lucky, can get approved

Back from Charlotte sub Office

Arrived at 6:15am, there were about 30 people before me. Got in at 8:00am.

They did not do emergent AP unless you filed your case at Charlotte. Emergent AP can only be obtained from the center where you filed your I-485.

Have to do it again with TSC through mail, according to 1-800 BCIS number.

Thanks for all your info.

Yellow Knight

thanks Yellow Knight

Thanks for your posting.That was a very helpful message.I am in the same boat.We can wait for the AP.Alleast it moved a month forward giving us hope