AP or H-4 ?

sxk1900

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
Need some advise..
I have a H1 stamp in my passport until oct 06 obtained while with employer X and my wife has a H4 stamp until the same period. I changed my employer to Y and we both now have an EAD & AP. I didn't use my EAD yet but my wife started working using the EAD..my wife is visiting india next month..& we are not sure whether to use the existing H-4 stamp while reentry or use the AP..which one is valid or what options do we have..and pros and cons?
Thanks

sxk1900 said:
Hi Guys,
Need some advise..
I have a H1 stamp in my passport until oct 06 obtained while with employer X and my wife has a H4 stamp until the same period. I changed my employer to Y and we both now have an EAD & AP. I didn't use my EAD yet but my wife started working using the EAD..my wife is visiting india next month..& we are not sure whether to use the existing H-4 stamp while reentry or use the AP..which one is valid or what options do we have..and pros and cons?
Thanks
your wife can use either one. (AP or H4 stamp) to re-enter US. If she uses H4 stamp to come back, automatically she will be on H4 status. that's not an issue for her. the moment she again starts working using EAD she would no more be on H4.