AP (NCSC) taking forever to process - what should I do?

wang2travel

Registered Users (C)
Hope you guys can help me out here.

I'm in the middle of my family-based AOS (passed interview in Dec 2005) waiting for GC.

In the meantime, my dad is sick in the hospital in China. I wanted to visit him ASAP, so I applied for AP at NCSC on March 2nd 2005.

The status has remained like this till now:
" Current Status:

Your I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT was received on March 2, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
"

I never received the receipt with information about processing. I checked the processing date on NCSC regularly, and under I-131, it now says March 6th, which is four days later than when I filed.

Here are my questions:
1. Is this within normal processing time? Should I expect an answer soon?
2. Should I call NCSC to inquire about the status of my AP? Will they tell me anything different?
3. I tried NCSC before, and have not been successful in getting to any real person. What's the best time to call?
4. Should I go ahead and file a new emergency AP (ignoring the one I filed on March 2nd)?
5. Should I file the emergency AP at the San Francisco office or the Chicago office (the phase 2 thingy)?
6. What other things can I do to expedite it?

I'm really out of ideas, any help is greatly appreciated.