AP - name misspelt

fournine2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I received my AP recently from VSC but the last name is mis-spelt. I went to the local INS center but they wouldn't correct it. Do I have to get it corrected in VSC only( and wait another 2 months ). How can I get this corrected ?

Any help is appreciated.

I posted my EAD renewal story last week, how they screwed up my spouse's EAD validity dates.

I called INS next day and guy RE-APPROVED it while being on the phone with us; online status changed in 5 minutes and we received new card with corrected dates in 3 days.

I also had my last name misspelled for my A# (all the applications!!), 1 year ago, and also called INS and they corrected it right away.

There must not be any confusion about this. According to SOP doc, they have whole mainframe only for name searching :)

So call IIO and ask him/her to correct mistake.

Hope it helps.

Originally posted by fournine2002
Hi,
I received my AP recently from VSC but the last name is mis-spelt. I went to the local INS center but they wouldn't correct it. Do I have to get it corrected in VSC only( and wait another 2 months ). How can I get this corrected ?

Any help is appreciated.

I followed up as adviced by slacker48. The details are as follows :
- I called up VSC and spoke to an IIO. She checked the EAC number and said they had made a mistake with the spelling and will correct it( the name was correct in the system, they had made a mistake while typing, I guess ).
- I sent them back the AP documents on Nov 20th, 2002. She gave me the VSC address and said to put her name and number on the envelope so that it would go to her directly.
- On Dec 20th,2002 , I received the corrected AP documents.

I just thought I will update this so that others can use this information.

Thank you for the help.