AP in VSC?

fast_gc_seeker

Registered Users (C)
anybody has recently been approved for AP in VSC? My wife's RD is past the current processing date and she has not been approved yet. Is VSC really slow in AP processing? any experiences?

I don't know about timings but I sent Photos 2 times and was rejected both the times because its Digital Photos.

Make sure you are not in the same situation.

Similar situation to my wife also. I got approved around 8 weeks ago. She did not get approval yet. I called back on wednesday and they said it has been denied both AP and EAD. But, my attorney did not receive any notification as yet.

We had RFE on wife's AP and sent in new photos[non-digital]. Its been 20 days and no update from USCIS. I called 800# and they say if USCIS didn't like second set of photos they would have sent it back. does it mean AP should be approved soon? :confused:

Another case got approved

Another case got approved on other thread. I am posting it here

140 and 485 approved !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is indeed with great delight I announce that my I-140 and I-485 got approved concurrently on 02-22-2005. I will finally go next week and get my passport stamped.

I want to thank all the members in this group for sharing information which is such relief and arises hope for people like myself.

Thank you once again,

Badabing

140/485/765/131 ND : 12/13/03
1st FP done : 10/20/04
No RFEs and did not quite keep track of LUDs.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=165210

I applied for AP in June 2004 for myself, son and wife. I got it in July 2004 and my son in Nov 2004. However my wife's AP is still pending. I called VSC several times and did sent expedite request. Each time they say they are working on it, but nothing happened.

I really gone mad about this screwed-up system

GC_09_2003 said:
I applied for AP in June 2004 for myself, son and wife. I got it in July 2004 and my son in Nov 2004. However my wife's AP is still pending. I called VSC several times and did sent expedite request. Each time they say they are working on it, but nothing happened.

I really gone mad about this screwed-up system
yeah there seems to be something wrong atleast in VSC about new AP processing.

Guys my AP is pending since Dec 2004. Got RFE for photos 3 weeks ago. It was responded 10 days ago. My LUD has been changing everyday since they got my pictures but no approval. I wonder what's going on :rolleyes:

LaborApproved said:
Guys my AP is pending since Dec 2004. Got RFE for photos 3 weeks ago. It was responded 10 days ago. My LUD has been changing everyday since they got my pictures but no approval. I wonder what's going on :rolleyes:

why did they ask for Photos? Didn't you submit in first place?

Thanks

Khan_bacha said:
why did they ask for Photos? Didn't you submit in first place?

Thanks

I did. They did not like the first set. I had submitted passport size pictures for my EAD and AP. It worked for EAD but not for AP. RFE said that EAD pictures are not used for AP for scanning purposes. I had to send in new pictures per their specs.

Last edited by a moderator:
LaborApproved said:
I did. They did not like the first set. I had submitted passport size pictures for my EAD and AP. It worked for EAD but not for AP. RFE said that EAD pictures are not used for AP for scanning purposes. I had to send in new pictures per their specs.
exactly same happened with my wife's AP having RD Dec 2004. my company's paralegal says VSC approves EAD's in one batch and then moves to AP. They havent recieved any AP approval recently but many AP RFE's for new photos. She says AP's should be approved soon. Lets see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
AP in VSC

Concurrently filed for 140 & 485 in VSC (Notice Date Jan 21,2005). Got RFE for AP on Feb28, Notice says Photoes are Digital. New photes were sent and got confirmation on 15-Mar saying they received them.

I'm sure several people would have got RFE for AP.Does anybody have an Idea,How long it's taking for VSC to deliver approval, once RFE has been answered.

Thanks

2 RFEs

I applied in late November, got 1st Photos RFE (digital), sent two new photos, (non-digital). This was good enough for the EAD, but not for the AP The reason: "The background was too dark". Went to a couple of different places, until I got a set of photos that seemed reasonable. They got it March 11th. LUD is 3/16. I don't want another RFE - I hope they like this most recent set.

No approval yet.

We applied for EAD/AP in early Dec. RFE for AP was in mid Jan. Sent back non-digital photos one week later. No approval until we changed address. Unfortunitely, some small errors in the new address. Have been waiting for more than 1 month, still not received the approal letter.

it look like, i got a RFE on AP. I donno yet, i have taken the pictures at MOTOPHOTO. Now, if the RFE is about photos..where take the pictures.
Plz approved AP's tell me where did u take the pics.

Thx

rpolepalli said:
Concurrently filed for 140 & 485 in VSC (Notice Date Jan 21,2005). Got RFE for AP on Feb28, Notice says Photoes are Digital. New photes were sent and got confirmation on 15-Mar saying they received them.

I'm sure several people would have got RFE for AP.Does anybody have an Idea,How long it's taking for VSC to deliver approval, once RFE has been answered.

Thanks
from what I've heard VSC takes in average 3 months for new AP approval.