AP/I94 question

ND1100waiter

Hi! I have a question about I94 expiration on AP.

My I94 says that it expires sometime Nov 2001 because I used my AP to travel. My question is: Does applying for a new AP automatically override that expiration or do I somehow need a new I94?

Thanks!

interesting situation

During this year (to be exact, March 2001), my I-94 was expiring..
My last entry to USA was on December 2000 and I used my H1 (then I was given a I-94 which would expire along with my H1 in March)

During January, I received my AP by mail (great !!!), but I didnt know if I nedeed a new I-94. I asked to a lawyer (ISN.org meeting in Santa Clara) about this situation and what he told me was that I didnt need a new I-94 because I started using my AP.....
-------------------------------------
Now I have a question for you ...when you entered the last time using your AP...Did you get a I-94 ?

So what?

What are you going to do when your I-94 is expired?
 I think you need to consult your lawyer first.

Does anybody has same question?

No Title

Here is the deal . You do not have to get a new I-94 . Since you are in the process of 485. When they approve your 485 , and you go for passport stamping at that time they take your existing I-94. In the mean time if you don\'t get your GC and you have to travel on AP , that it self is fine , because you have an AP ( might be old) or a new one with the future date . In that case you get a new I-94 , when you arrive here . In any case as long as your 485 is active and with AP you are fine .

Here is another situation ,which gives you guys better explanation :

You are on H1 which expires Sep-00 . Filed 485 APR-00 got the AP/EAD in the AUG-00 . your I-94 is valid for SEp-00 . You travelled in the month of NOV-00 , so your new I-94 shows it is valid till AUG-00 .

Your I-94 which you got based on H1 was expired SEP-00 . You do not have any problem with getting here. So nothing to worry about I-94 expiration .

I had the same exact experiance .