AP , I131 at Nebraska

VELTURI123

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for AP , NOTICE DATE 22april 2003 .Till today I have not heard form INS , date (2/19/03)has not moved for last two month. It usually used to take few days , now its nearing 60 days .

Is there any way I can request to expediate the case as I have to travel back to my country on 8th july .

Your help will be appreciated

I hate to tel you this, but when I applied to renew my Ap, it took 9 months, then after contacting every senator and every person in NSC, they finaly transfered it to Chicago, then when it got to chicago, I had to hire a good lawyer and he followed my case since it arrived, it took Chicago 4 weeks to even look at my case, then he Expedited the case for me and finaly I picked up my Renewed AP on 06-03. I'm from a special Registration Country, so I'm not sure if the same thing applies to you. but also in the same time I saw cases being approved in 4 - 8 weeks.

I applied for AP on 3/18/03. Got an RFE for I-140 in the first week of June. NSC received the response on June 10. So far I haven't got any response from them. The online message says the same crap that the RFE response was received on so and so date and the processing has resumed, blah...blah..blah...

Getting tired of this whole GC thing :eek:

The stupid paralegal in my attorney's office did not attach the copy of I-140 approval notice to the AP application.

Krishna, have you applied for AP also

do they have walk in (emergency) service over there?
I think if you have I-485 pending receipt, then you may not need I-140 approval notice. I did not used that when I renewed mine.

IMMERGENCY AP -WALK IN

Do such a service like walk inn for AP exsist as of toady .If yes how can I approach it .

VELTURI123

I had a similar situation. I applied for AP on 3/16 and had to go to India in the first week of May because my father was not well. I got a doctor's certificate from India and went to the local BCIS office. I got the emergency AP on the same day.

There was another guy at the BCIS office who was also seeking an emergency AP because he had to go to India for his brother's marriage. The immigration officer rejected his request saying that the emergency AP can only be issued in the case of medical emergencies pertaining to the closest relatives. The difinition he gave for the closest relative was - father, mother, spouse and kids.

If you have such an emergency I think you can certainly get it from the local office.

Chicago office

Yesterday I went to chicago office with a letter from the hospital where my mother-in-law is going to have operation. There the IIO said they can't issue a parole as my 485 is pending with Nabraska and only Nabraska office can issue a parole. When I asked about emergency situation, there reply was they deal with family based cases only. They will have to request my 485 from Nabraska and that would only delay the process. They suggested to Express mail the letter from doctor with a covering letter to Nabraska center.

sudhesh

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Initially I sent the doctor's letter to NSC through express mail and called them three times. As usual I got different answers every time and all of them were of no use. Then I got the Congress man's office follwup with them. Since there was no immedaiate reply from the NSC and the Congressman's office expressed their inability to go out of the way to get things done I went to the local INS office and got the emergency AP.

I applied for my AP on 3/16 at NSC and got the apporval only last week despite sending the emergency request. So I don't think you can expect much by sending it to NSC.

Your best bet would have been the local INS office but I am sorry to hear that they rejected your request. Just want to know - did you go to the correct office?

When will there be an end to the plight of the immigrants in this great country which boasts of democracy and human rights? :mad:

I went to Chicago district office at 10 west Jackson Blvd. Plese let me know if that was not the right place.

sudhesh,

I am sorry I am not from Chicago. Can somebody from Chicago area who got their emergency AP answer this question? I read a posting on this site long back that a Chinese gentleman got his emergency AP from Chicago local office. I searched the archives but couldn't find it.

Sudesh,

The District Office of BCIS is located at 10 W Jackson which handles all family based AOS cases and other cases transferred from Service Centers. You were in the right place, but not in an Office known to help the beleaguered Immigration benefit seekers.