AP: Form I 131 Question

mgoyal74

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for an AP for my wife (I-485 pending at Texas, applied Dec 2007). She is currently on OPT on her F1 status.

I have the following questions:

1. What should be fill in question 3: "Class of Admission"
2. I just wanted to verify that since our 485 was submitted in Dec 07 (i.e., after July 30, 2007) there should be no filing fee. Right?
3. I am in Maryland, and we should therefore send to the Texas center. Right?
4. Supporting document would include a statement of why an AP is being sought, 2 photographs and a copy of 485 receipt. Am I missing anything?

Since I am doing this for the first time without a lawyer, I am a touch nervous. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Write: F-1, currently AOS

2. Correct, assuming you paid $1010 per I-485 application.

3. Correct.

4. Photo ID (data page of passport and/or drivers license).

Don't worry about not having a lawyer. If you can fill out an I-94 form on an airplane, you can most certainly fill out a USCIS application!

In proper English, the word "issue" does not mean "problem". Yet it is now used liberally by Americans to mean 'problem' because the word 'issue' sounds more important than 'problem'. It's a very annoying way of skirting reality by using more grandiose words to shade the truth or to pretend to be more official. And since I try to be very particular about language, it goes without saying that such erroneous usage of words annoys me very much. It's gotten so bad that American dictionaries have added the incorrect definition in their latest editions. Hopefully Oxford will remain immune to this outrage.

In correct English, issue can mean: 1- a topic of conversation (issues are to be discussed. Issues can't be 'solved' any more than clouds can be 'eaten'. Problems, on the other hand, can be solved); 2- a particular print of a magazine or periodical (e.g. have you read the latest issue of Newsweek?); 3- to bestow evidence of a particular privilege (e.g. I was recently issued a new EAD, and last year I was issued a driver's license).

Sorry, but you asked.