AP Experience in India ??

s_tand

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

We are plg. to visit india in Dec. '02 . My H1 visa stamp on the passport has expired and I am presently working using my EAD. I also have my AP documents with me .

1. I just wanted to know from others experience if you encounter any hassles or trouble while clearing immigration queues or with the airlines when you show them AP document at the departing airport. Do they ask for a valid visa stamp on your passport before permitting you to depart ?

The reason I'm asking this is b'cos of the possibility of the officer in your home country not being familiar with the AP docuent and all he knows is a valid visa stamp on your passport.

The AP document clearly says that the Airline will not be penalised for bringing a person with AP and no visa stamp.

2. As the AP is multiple entry document I would expect to get the originals back at the departing airport and even on arrival at the POE . Did any of have to surrender the original when you departed or arrived in the US ? If so , is it worth to argue / explain and get back the originals ?

Please share you experiences for the benefit of all .

Thanks

I have the same questions, if anyone can answer, is AP accepted in the Indian airline counters.

I just returned from India.

In Bangalore- They took one look at AP and stamped the passport.

Please take a look at my thread, My experience with AP at LAX.