AP/EAD Question - Travelling

tossurboss2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Coudl you please give me your expert opinion, I have the following situation.

1) Company X had done my labour sutsbitution and i have got my I-140 cleared and i have received my EAD and AP too.
2) Now Company X asked me to join him that was the deal. So since i have EAD X empploer is suggesting me to join with EAD or should i ask this employer to File for H1 until my 485 gets cleared. I will be spending money for H1.
3) The visa from the previous employer is expired now.
4) I am planning to travle to india in the month of Jan, So when i am coming back to USA i dont have a valide H1 visa and it is expired but i do have the AP with me. Will there be any problem i should be fine right.?

Thanks in advance for your valudable replies and suggestions

tossurboss2002 said:
Hi All,

Coudl you please give me your expert opinion, I have the following situation.

1) Company X had done my labour sutsbitution and i have got my I-140 cleared and i have received my EAD and AP too.
2) Now Company X asked me to join him that was the deal. So since i have EAD X empploer is suggesting me to join with EAD or should i ask this employer to File for H1 until my 485 gets cleared. I will be spending money for H1.
3) The visa from the previous employer is expired now.
4) I am planning to travle to india in the month of Jan, So when i am coming back to USA i dont have a valide H1 visa and it is expired but i do have the AP with me. Will there be any problem i should be fine right.?

Thanks in advance for your valudable replies and suggestions
Yes - you can travel and re-enter on your AP (that's the only purpose of the AP document)

Spend $$ for your H1 only if you have time left on the original 6 year clock (not the extension)
Else just use EAD.