AP/EAD/H-1 reentrance

NIW9258

Registered Users (C)
Currently I am the H-1 holder who works at school. I applied NIW (still waiting) by myself and got AP. have a question here:

I understand that I can keep my current H-1b legally with working for the same employer(school) but not using EAD after reentrance by using AP, but What if I change to another employer later, which will apply new H-1 for me? Am I be fine to keep the new H-1 legally? Thanks for any reliable info.

NIW9258 said:
Currently I am the H-1 holder who works at school. I applied NIW (still waiting) by myself and got AP. have a question here:

I understand that I can keep my current H-1b legally with working for the same employer(school) but not using EAD after reentrance by using AP, but What if I change to another employer later, which will apply new H-1 for me? Am I be fine to keep the new H-1 legally? Thanks for any reliable info.

Sure, your new employer can initiate the "transfer" process. While that goes through, you can start working for your new employer w/o using EAD if you so choose.