AP approved today

NYC_NY

Registered Users (C)
Just checked online and found my AP approved today. :)

It takes me 6 weeks.
RD - 9/27
ND - 10/02
AD - 11/05

gc_dec: check your AP and EAD.

What form do we fill for Advance Parole

just wondering what form I should be filling for the Advance Parole and what all documents are to be tagged with the application.

Thanks,
Chow

For applying primary AP, it needs the following documents.

1) a cover letter for applying AP;
2) filled form I-131;
3) $110 check of I-131 fee;
4) copy of I-94 card (front and back);
5) copy of I-485 receipt notice;
6) copy of I-140 approval notice;
7) 2 photos

Good luck! ;)

NYC_NY : Sample cover letter?

Hi,
Is there a sample/standard cover letter format for AP?

I need to apply AP for my spouse whose I-485 is under processing as derivative adjustment. So, I don't have I-140 and I think that should be fine without it.

Thanks in advance.

NYC_NY

Congrats!

Just checked mine, still not yet. I believe INS transfered some of

my 485 waiting time to here. :)

to rupnet485

If your spouse applied I-485 depending on you, you can attach your I-140 for safety.

I think you just explain your current status and reasons to apply AP in the cover letter. There is no standard format. I applied AP for myself and my spouse. My letter is like the following.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to apply for INS advance parole document for myself, xxx, and my spouse, xxx, on the basis of our adjustment of status application pending. I filed my immigration petition for alien worker, form I-140, in June 2001 and it was approved in January 2002. We then applied to adjust to permanent resident status with filling the form I-485 in January 2002 and the application was received. We seek to travel abroad during this coming Christmas holidays for emergent personal reasons. We hope to return America after temporary foreign travel with the advance parole document.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

Sincerely yours,

xxx

Enclosed are:
1) - 7)

To gc_dec

gc_dec:

Maybe you can talk to an IIO to make sure the application is with an officer or not, even sometimes it is not helpful.

Hope everything goes well with you! :cool:

I applied Oct 24 for AP - no receipt yet.

NYC-NY,

When do you think I will get a receipt notice from INS?

I sent my AP application on 9/23, it was received by INS on 9/27, the ND is 10/02, I received the AP notice on 10/5 (or 10/6). So, it took me 2 weeks.
Guess you will receive your notice this week. :)

Got AP in mail , status still not updated

Got my AP in mail
RD 9/26/02

Online and phone status is still not approved .. strange !