AP approval notice not received; what are my options??

magic_mail

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

Please share your expert advice on this......

I have filed I-131 on 8/15/07 which was approved on 09/13/07 and an approval notice was sent on 09/13/07 as per uscis online system.
I have not received approval notice or travel document till today.

here are the list of action i have take till today.......
1) Called TSC several time and spoke to IO they say notice was sent to you as per our system
2) Spoke to IO @ local USCIS office 20 days back and they said notice was sent to you as per our system. they emailed TSC to resend notice.
3) Created SR @ TSC
4) Called congressmen office last week but no reply yet from his office.
5) Today i called TSC again and spoke a lady IO and she told me same thing approval notice was sent to you we have not received it undelivered so if you have to travel you will have to re-file with new fee.

i am clueless what f*****k they are talking about....i have to pay another $305.00

AP approval not received

I was in the same boat. My AP was approved on 05/02/07 but I never received the approved notice. I called TSC twice requesting a copy but was told I had to apply for I-824. I took an inforpass with the local INS office and was instructed to file for another AP. I checked the processing time for I-824, it was six months and decided to go for another AP. But, the new AP was denied and the reason was that AP can not be filed 120 days before the old one expires. I think your option is either file for I-824 or wait till 120 days before the old one expires.

One thing that works with USCIS better than phone call is Postal mail or FEDEX. Have you tried sending a fedex with the missing AP info attach all your receipts of I140, I485, I131. Also try sending in Fax. I haven't sent fax but some people said this number was working 214 962 2632.

guys,

i received response to the SR created for AP approval notice....
it says we have inclosed a curtsy copy of original approval notice; but there is no copy approval letter in the envelop....what a mess @ USCIS...?/?

guys,

i received response to the SR created for AP approval notice....
it says we have inclosed a curtsy copy of original approval notice; but there is no copy approval letter in the envelop....what a mess @ USCIS...?/?

That is horrible!! I am sorry to hear such a story! I recently applied ap and online showed approved on Nov 13, I am concerned whether I will actually get my copy in time or at all!!

You might need to call them with POJ method again to send another copy?

I am also in the same boat. AP approved on Nov 1st. My wife got her's on Nov 9th but I am still waiting(I am the primary). The funny part is that we had moved in Oct and changed our address online. We got confirmation for that. My wife's AP has the new address on it but, guess what!; it was mailed by USCIS to the old address. This tells how much confusion is going on out there. I think it will be tempting for USCIS and anyone else to blame the postal department. I definitely think otherwise given the track record of USCIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Here

I am also in the same boat. AP approved on Nov 1st. My wife got her's on Nov 9th but I am still waiting(I am the primary). The funny part is that we had moved in Oct and changed our address online. We got confirmation for that. My wife's AP has the new address on it but, guess what!; it was mailed by USCIS to the old address. This tells how much confusion is going on out there. I think it will be tempting for USCIS and anyone else to blame the postal department. I definitely think otherwise given the track record of USCIS.

Me and my wife's AP was approved on Oct 30.We are yet to receive it. When I called TSC they said to wait for 30 days. Today my wife had an infopass and the lady still said wait for 30 days.Calling TSC the person wouldnt confirm the address. I hate this prolonged waiting. We pay the fees and file on time to get some service and we still dont get.My wife needs to travel this week and she is crying her heart out and getting angry. :mad::mad:

Me and my wife's AP was approved on Oct 30.We are yet to receive it. When I called TSC they said to wait for 30 days. Today my wife had an infopass and the lady still said wait for 30 days.Calling TSC the person wouldnt confirm the address. I hate this prolonged waiting. We pay the fees and file on time to get some service and we still dont get.My wife needs to travel this week and she is crying her heart out and getting angry. :mad::mad:

Did you move after applying for your APs. I am trying to understand of your situation is similar to mine.

i have been living @ same address for last 4 years....and receiving all other mails from USCIS and others....

Got it

I got our AP's from my attorney. I had a question. I was in a CIMT 1 1/2 yrs back. My wife will be travelling for a week. Do i need to send something with her for this. The case was dismissed 6 months later.I have a valid H1B H4 visa . Not stamped on passport.
Is AP and passport all my wife needs to enter back into the country. ANy inputs.

PD May 2004
AD Oct 2006 EB2 ROW
140/485/EAD/AP- RD 8/8/2007
ND 10/4/2007
EAD AD 10/12/2007
AP AD 10/24/2007 RD 10/21/2007 :D:D

Hope this is of some help to others

I applied for my EAD and AP (4th) ND 10/27,

Got EAD approved on 11/12 and EAD received on 11/20.
Got AP approved on 12/11 and received on 12/14 (the AP states that it is valid from Nov 27, 2007 ??).

Anyway, hope this information is of some help to others who are waiting.