AOS while in appeal

tabs

Registered Users (C)
If ayslym case is with Board of Immigration appeal, can you file for AOS or I-485 to with your spouse as deravative applicant?????

No Title

Generally, it is possible if you obtain the consent of the INS district counsel to suspend the BIA proceedings.

I advise you to hire an attorney to do this, because the procedure is very cumbersome.

Many people applying for asylum get their status resolved this way, but they are represented.

Good luck.

No Title

To my knowledge you can only apply for AOS I-485 one year after the date you are granted asylum. But then again I don\'t know every law in the INA, so I suggest you ask a professional asylum lawyer about this.

I had a lawyer at my side when I applied for asylum. Having a lawyer doesn\'t guarantee you will win the case, but I had more confidence at the asylum interview with the lawyer monitoring the whole process.

Also, my case was given decision within 2 weeks and it was approved.

No Title

I am not talking about I-485 thru asylum status but thru spouse who will be filing for I-485 under EB category

No Title

I am new to this forum, are you from law firm or could suggest any lawer/firm who cn handle such cases?

No Title

No, I\'m not affiliated with any law firm. And I don\'t know anything about EB I-485. This discussion board is hosted by the law offices of Rajiv Khanna. Perhaps you will like to call them to consult your case:

Offices Rajiv S. Khanna, P.C.
5225 N. Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22205
Ph. (703) 908-4800

Question to Gilbert

How can you obtain consent of INS district counsel???
I checked with 2 lawyers and they didnt talk about any such possibility.

No Title

Do NOT, do NOT even think about doing this yourself.

You must hire an attorney who has a lot of experience with the EOIR (note that some lawyers primarily deal with the INS and do know much about the EOIR process).