AOS; Where will the interview and fingerprinting take place?

greenhouse98

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I temporarily live in separate states (she is doing her medical residency) (i live in CA, her in NY). Im a US Citizen and she is on H1b, I'm about to mail her I130 and I485, but I want to make sure that the interview and finger printing will be done in NY. How can I make sure that happens?

If my wife has to get her finger printing, etc done in CA, that will be a big disaster because it is almost impossible for her to get time off.

Well she will get interview in NY if she gives the NY address in both I 485 and I 765 but thats not an issue these days the interviews are coming within 3 months of applying and if the officer is not a pleasant guy he may have second thoughts about the situation where husband and wife are separated within the first few months of marriage even though its job related. What you can do is gather as much evidence of air tickets phone records and mail records between you two before the interview.
But regarding the interview and fingerprinting depends on the address she gives in her I 485 and I 765 which are related to her and only her I 130/G325A are your forms .
Hope it helps

Also there is an option in I 485 or I 765 where you mention where she wants her aos status interview be held. You can always change your address anytime in between with an AR 11 form

Also there is an option in I 485 or I 765 where you mention where she wants her aos status interview be held. You can always change your address anytime in between with an AR 11 form

You mean this question in I-130?

"Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office in:"

Yea, I know it's hit and miss since my wife and I lived together for 6 months before she HAD to move away for work. But, we have a ton of evidence, etc etc, so the burden of proof is on them to show that our marriage is not bona fide. I have most of the airline tickets that we used to visit each other, all the phone bills showing that we talk about 2000 minutes a month (regardless of her working ~90 hrs a week), lease agreements with our names on it, life and health insurance with our names, wedding pics, etc

Last edited by a moderator: