AOS - Where are the applications processed?

pondicherry

Registered Users (C)
Hi! For family-based GC application / AOS.
I sent out I485/I765/I131 to the Lockbox. Once received, where do the process the application? NSC (one of the service centers) or DO (local district office). The reason for asking is that processing times vary if you look at the USCIS page for processing time and case status. Thanks.

"To serve USCIS Field Offices, the NBC will complete all necessary pre-interview processing of I-485 Adjustment of Status cases, including conducting background security checks, initial evidence review, adjudication of associated I-765 and I-131 applications (filed with the I-485 or separately), denial of adjustment of status cases for applicants who are statutorily ineligible, and forwarding scheduled cases to the USCIS Field Office for adjudication.

A unique function of the NBC is that the Center utilizes a Lockbox facility, located in Chicago Illinois. The Lockbox is a bank under contract with the Department of Treasury that performs fee receipting, fee deposit and initial data entry for specified Forms according to business rules established by USCIS. The Lockbox then forwards all properly filed cases to the NBC for the pre-interview processing steps listed above."

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nbc/faq.htm#whatrole