• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS - Timeline and Questions

bibokeyo

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

We (wife and I) have been considering CP vs AOS and just wanted someone to clarify the steps that one would go through to get a green card through AOS. From what i gathered from various forums here, the following are steps needed:

Adjustment of Status Processes
1 1st Notification Letter
2 Respond to KCC (DSP -122/230)
3 2nd Notification Letter
4 Payment of Fees to Department of State
5 Infopass (optional)
6 Medical Examination
7 Submission of form I-485
8 Notice of Action (NOA)
9 Biometrics letter received
10 Biometrics Done
11 Interview Letter received
12 Interview
13 Green Card Approval

Question: Is this the right sequence to Adjust Status?

Question: What steps can we do in advance to ensure that we are not time barred at the last moment (as we have a high case number)? Can we go for the Medicals/ Infopass before October 1?

Question: What steps are time eaters? Which will delay our application?

Appreciate all comments.

The main problem you may encounter is your high number, what month are you likely to be below the Visa number based on current year?

Name check ususally takes the longest.

Hello,

We (wife and I) have been considering CP vs AOS and just wanted someone to clarify the steps that one would go through to get a green card through AOS. From what i gathered from various forums here, the following are steps needed:

Adjustment of Status Processes
1 1st Notification Letter
2 Respond to KCC (DSP -122/230)
3 2nd Notification Letter
4 Payment of Fees to Department of State
5 Infopass (optional)
6 Medical Examination
7 Submission of form I-485
8 Notice of Action (NOA)
9 Biometrics letter received
10 Biometrics Done
11 Interview Letter received
12 Interview
13 Green Card Approval

Question: Is this the right sequence to Adjust Status?

Question: What steps can we do in advance to ensure that we are not time barred at the last moment (as we have a high case number)? Can we go for the Medicals/ Infopass before October 1?

Question: What steps are time eaters? Which will delay our application?

Appreciate all comments.

Hi there,
I would recommend not to take medical examination till about 2/3 months before your number is current, the reason being medical result only valid for 12 mths. From what you said, your CN is high, therefore there's no point to take them now if you end up have to repeating it again-especially if *just in case* your case get delayed by few months.

Also yes, time eater is name check. I got lucky that my name check is clear within a month--but some people, it does take about up to 9 months.

Your timeline above is about right--I did AOS-you can see my timeline too (with dates).