AOS question for F2B case

Tokki

Hello everyone,

My dad petitions for my brother and we are preparing his financial documents to submit to the NVC. I hope someone can help me regarding form I 864.

1. He files joint tax with my mom but his income is sufficient. We initially did not have her file I 864A but I read in several places that they will ask for I 864A from the spouse and delay the case even if we include my dad's W2 and pay stubs.

2. The reason we didn't want to do I 864A is because the IRS somehow messed up my mom's name as displayed in tax transcript. Waiting for them to correct will take time. In the case we HAVE to include her, I'd prefer to use their tax return + W2s instead of transcript, anyone knows whether the processing time will be affected compared to using tax transcript?

3. In case it's possible to not include my mom, in Part 6 items 24 a, b, c, we still need to put their Total income from line 9 of the 1040, not my dad's individual income, is that correct?

Sorry for the long post and thank you

1. She shouldn't need to file I-864A, but I have also read that some consulates might ask for it
2. It should be fine to use a copy of the tax return
3. correct