AOS interview

pondicherry

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus!
I have an appt for AOS interview on 10/06. I am planning to move to another state 1st week of September. Should I call the 1-800# to inform and send in AR11 or just go for the interview. My family will stay behind for a while so address change should not be a problem. Please advise.
P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my AOS interview letter today and there was a different A number on it. I have two A numbers, but the one I used for my 1-130, 485, and my EAD card are the same. I don't understand why they didn't put that A number on my AOS letter. The A number they put on the AOS letter is a A number for a case I filed 8 years ago that was denied. Is this something I should worry about. I'm so confused now, and worried about this.

Thanks.

Pondicherry,
This is just my opinion.I do not think you should bother with any address change,cos you have not totally moved and the difference is one month.Moreover all the documents you have to show at the interview is going to have the current address on it,right?So why even bring up address change and risk your interview being prolonged and trust me it may be forever before u get another interview date.Do your homework thoroughly before u make any move.Please share your timeline with us.
Thanks and Goodluck!

Thanks for your input.
My timeline already posted but just for convenience:
AOS sent 5/13
PD: 5/15
EAD approved: 7/22
AP approved: 7/22
Interview date: 10/6
DO: Seattle

pondicherry said:
Hi gurus!
I have an appt for AOS interview on 10/06. I am planning to move to another state 1st week of September. Should I call the 1-800# to inform and send in AR11 or just go for the interview. My family will stay behind for a while so address change should not be a problem. Please advise.
P

The law states that you must fill AR-11 everytime you change address. This however would not change the address on your GC application. In my opinion you could file AR-11 now and change the address on your GC application later after you are done with the interview or whenever you wish because you still have your family at that address who can take care of correspondences from USCIS.

ari4u said:
The law states that you must fill AR-11 everytime you change address. This however would not change the address on your GC application. In my opinion you could file AR-11 now and change the address on your GC application later after you are done with the interview or whenever you wish because you still have your family at that address who can take care of correspondences from USCIS.
I would support ari4u. I was exactly in your situation. We moved just a month before the interview. They changed it. Actually the officer had a separate folder only for the change of the address at the time of the interview. Your situaition is a bit more complicated since you are moving to another state therefore, another DO. I think you would risk more if you don't comply with the law. The officer will definitely ask you, if this is your curent address. then will follow "when did you move" and other "whys".
Otherwise i've read cases, when the guys would delay the changes until after they get the green card in the mail. It's tricky and you measure the risk of does and don'ts. Iwould follow the law