• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS interview, complete, but KCC hasn't sent package

Cynnus01

Registered Users (C)
So, I had my AOS interview today. Went really well, minimal questions, but all my documentation was in order. However, at the opening of the interview, the interviewer mentioned that they cannot give me a decision as KCC hasn't sent them the package with my documents yet.

This surprised me, as my number was current in March. Has anyone encountered something similar?

-Cynnus

sorry to hear that
for you the process went really fast while for some of us is really slow. I applied one month before you and still waiting for third notice. You'll be fine since there are 4 more moths left of fiscal year.
what state are you from, and did you send and filled form DSP122?

Cynnus01 said:
So, I had my AOS interview today. Went really well, minimal questions, but all my documentation was in order. However, at the opening of the interview, the interviewer mentioned that they cannot give me a decision as KCC hasn't sent them the package with my documents yet.

This surprised me, as my number was current in March. Has anyone encountered something similar?

-Cynnus

Did you send the DSP-122 form back to KCC last year? Lots of people are having problems just like that because they didn't sent the DSP-122 form back.

I have a question to you all whose interviews are already done or have gotten the date, did you hire an immigration attorney to file your petitions? I just received my first letter yesterday which says I've been selected for 2007 DV program. I am confused where to hire a lawyer or do it myself. So, wanted your opinion.
Thanks.

Yes, I did send the DSP-122 in last year. In fact, in March when I spoke to KCC, they mentioned that they had stopped processing my case in November and forwarded it to USCIS for AOS. So, I figure something got lost in the system. Hopefully it works out well soon. I'll call KCC tomorrow and see what they say.

Alincosma: Sorry to hear about your long wait. It seems the timing is somewhat random. I'm from Illinois - I live in Chicago and interviewed there.

Kanta80: I did not use an immigration attorney.

Cynnus01 said:
Kanta80: I did not use an immigration attorney.

Thank you very much for your response, Cynnus01. How long did it take for you to get the second letter after you returned the forms which were given with first Notification Letter? My case no. is 2007AS00008XXX. How do you find out if it's high or not?

To all whose DV processing is not going smoothly: I empathize with your pain. It's been 8 weeks since I filed and still no FP notice. Local USCIS officials seem to think that I am unduly impatient and won't do much to help. The last person I saw wouldn't even look on his screen to see if my address was correctly listed... I understand his point of view, seeing hundreds of similar complaints every week, but it doesn't make waiting any easier. Hopefully, our perseverence and patience will be rewarded in the end.

kanta80: My number was 2006AS5xxx and my rank was current in April. Your number is in the high (but hopeful) end of the range, since Asia typically gets about 11000 (+/- 2k). Anyway, I have compiled the progression of priority dates for the main geographic regions for the past several years in an Excel sheet (but I stopped revising after June06 or so). I did a linear fit to correctly "guess-timate" my month. No guarantees of accuracy or usefulness to others, but it might be helpful to some. Anyone who wants the file can just send me a PM.

Good luck to all.

Cynnus01 said:

-Cynnus
could you please tell me what document you had with you to the interview and what did they ask you?

thank you,
afraid