AOS (I-485) timeline ???

Yafoulli

Registered Users (C)
AOS (I-485/ I-130) timeline ???

I am looking for your advise in my immigration matter.

I am a french citizen married to a US citizen . My husband and I are experiencing some difficulties.
We are married for two years and 2 months. We filed the whole Adjustement of Status package in Jan 2003, a year and four months ago. I was fingerprinted in September 2003, and we already had our interview at the immigration office in Oct 2003.
I am not eligible to file for an Advanced Parole, which is very frustrating since, I can't leave the country . I already missed very important family events
At the interview we were told that my name was misspelled in the FBI processing and therefore I have to wait until the correction is done for the name clearance.

We enquired (in person and send 2 letters) at the immigration office in February 2004 and May 2004. We were told that my case is still pending untill cleared
I called the FBI and I was told that my fingerprints were cleared nine months ago.
I also called the FBI for name check left several times and left each time a message, I'm still waiting for them to call me back !!

Questions:

1-Is there a way to know where and why the process is stuck ?
2-Is it possible to expedite the processing in our case ?
3-My husband and I are considering to send a letter to a Congressperson , a Senator would it help ?
4- Could consulting an immigration lawyer, who would make the inquiry on our behalf be helpfull ?

MY timeline: (in CA)
-Jan 2003 filled in person , the whole AOS package + EAD at local office
-Sep 2003 FP
-Oct 2003 Interview
-Feb 2004 EAD (again)
NO AP

Thanks for your prompt answer,

Last edited by a moderator:
Which office did you file at?

Try your local congress man and see if it helps. I do not think asking a lawyer will be any help. Sorry, not much of a help.

waitingforAOS11 said:
Which office did you file at?

Try your local congress man and see if it helps. I do not think asking a lawyer will be any help. Sorry, not much of a help.

thanks for answering :)