AOS approved

gatorlink

Registered Users (C)
I had my AOS interview today. Thankfully I was approved and i will post my experiences here for the benefit of the users here
The interview was in jacksonville, Fl and was scheduled for 1:30pm
Arrived an hour early and was allowed to go in
At 1:10pm my wife and I were sworn in and the interview began
The officer asked for my passport and my wifes drivers license
He then asked for copies no original proof of our bonafide marriage
showed our joint leases, bank account tax refund and car insurance
He then asked for pictures and my wifes work letter and paystubs
Asked if we met each others family, said yes and pointed to the pics that supported this
Also asked how long we knew each other b4 getting married
That was it as i said above he never cared for any original documents or even asked to see proof of my wifes citizenship
He asked if we had any questions then stamped my passport and said the GC would arrive In the mail within 2 weeks
interview ended at 1:25pm took only 15 minutes
SWEET

congrats

congratulations, very happy for you thanks for sharing ur experience with all of us who r waiting for theirs. :)

Big Congratulations!!

Gatorlink,

Congratulations!! You did it.
I have my AOS interview scheduled on 5th of July in Tampa. I have all the docs ready and looking forward for it. I am specially happy to hear that there was no name checking obstacles or any thing like that. I wish you lots of happiness in the future. Enjoy the green card.

Congratulations

Gatorlink,

Congratulations. Your interview sounds as though it went as smoothly as mine.
You wonder what you worried about!
I had my verbal approval less than a week ago at interview and today I had my welcome letter.

Good luck for the future.

thanx for all the kind words.
this process was a lot easier with the help of this site, it has been invaluable

Gatorlink,

Did the officer mentioned anything about name check? Was it approved? Also, what is your country of birth?

EricNeesGC said:
Gatorlink,

Did the officer mentioned anything about name check? Was it approved? Also, what is your country of birth?

Not sure about this but are we seeing speedier processing for individuals who applied after the lock box system came into use?

It is probably it .

I`ve sent my package yesterday with these following aplication .

I-130 filled 27th of april 2001
........ NOA 20th of july 2001
..Approved 15th of april 2005 ( four years )
priority dated april 30th 2001 .

File I-485 & I 485A 18th of june 2005
(penality(1000 dolars) for overstay visas after married my fiance in 2001) She is a GC holder . Since qualify for 245(i) allowed me to adjust status while in the united states but not qualify for Advance parole for travel purposes .

filed I-765 18th of june 2005 .

I`ve sent all the adjustment of status package yesterday june 20th 2005 and i just start waiting . It`s seems like i`m in good track with this speedy processing because all my application have been sent to the chicago lock box . I hope that i could get over with all this in a few months . It would be a total of wait equal to almost 5 years if everything goes like it seems to move fast . I invite people in the same boat has me to post their experience ... It would be great help for us waiting so long ...

(((((Congrats))))))

I just got my Greencard a week ago also. :)

Just walk good when you go Jam down.

Dem a galang bad down deh its not even funny!