AOS approved, no stamp at interview

Carol D

Registered Users (C)
AOS was approved (or at least big red stamp marked approved) was made to file at interview at the LA district office at the end of Feb 2006 I was under the understanding that I had to submit my AP documents and EAD card, and in return I would receive a stamp in my passport. The officer said that they do not issue stamps anymore and that he did not need my EAD or AP documents to be returned. He did have me verify information to ensure its accuracy on a white form, and had me place my finger prints and sign in a small box (double sided) on another form. He had the two photographs that he required for the processing of the green card in the file. He indicated that I would receive a letter of approval in the mail, or the green card directly or he said I could recieve both. My question, what is the time line? My EAD card expires at the beginning of April and my AP documents in May and I am wondering if I need to apply for renewals.

Carol D said:
AOS was approved (or at least big red stamp marked approved) was made to file at interview at the LA district office at the end of Feb 2006 I was under the understanding that I had to submit my AP documents and EAD card, and in return I would receive a stamp in my passport. The officer said that they do not issue stamps anymore and that he did not need my EAD or AP documents to be returned. He did have me verify information to ensure its accuracy on a white form, and had me place my finger prints and sign in a small box (double sided) on another form. He had the two photographs that he required for the processing of the green card in the file. He indicated that I would receive a letter of approval in the mail, or the green card directly or he said I could recieve both. My question, what is the time line? My EAD card expires at the beginning of April and my AP documents in May and I am wondering if I need to apply for renewals.

You are already approved. This mean you are a Permanent resident and your EAD and AP are cancelled (you dont need them anymore). You should get your welcome letter in a week followed by your GC.

Look at my timeline so you can get an idea how soon you can expect your welcome letter and GC after the interview. This timeline seems to match with many others here. In case your GC is delayed, you can get an INFOPASS appt to your DO and get an I-551 stamp on your passport for employment and travel pusposes.

Congratulations!

AOS interview approved, no stamp in passport

To those who have replied, thank you.

Concerning our interview, it was really quite amazing. My husband and I went with two large accounting briefcases with originals and photocopies of documents. The only documents that were asked for was our CA driver's licenses. That was it. No other evidence was requested.

Let's hope the GC arrives shortly.