• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS approved! but....

goodfellaa

Hi, I just got a letter from USCIS saying, "Dear Applicant, your application for adjustment of status has been approved. Your new card will be mailed to you from the Texas Service Center. This concludes all action on your case by this office."

I do not understand why the letter did not say that I need to schedule the Info Pass appointment to stamp my passport. If I take this letter to the local USCIS office will they stamp my passport? Thank you.

P.S. I need to get the stamp in case the green card does not arrive before September 30th, 2005. I am a DV2005 lottery winner.

If you are approved, you are approved. You will get the card in mail and that's it. The deadline is for approvals/interview. It means that by that date you must have an interview. It has nothing to do with arrival of your card. And yes, you can get stamp if you want to travel before getting the card in the mail. As per latest info it looks like it will take about a month for a card to arrive.

No stamp in passport

Hi, so you were in the same situation as I was! I had the interview in March, and no stamp at all!! The lady said, "you will get the green card in the mail shortly"!! Did not get the "approval letter" till May 19!! But then, by May 21 I had the card in my hand! You should get the card today, tomorrow!!

Do you know why they didn't stamp your passport?? I don't know why she did not stamp mine! I was worried too, am I going overseas end of this month! It was a little too close!

You will get the card, don't worry!

Good luck!
Agi