• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS and work authorization

T ghar

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,
(Sorry for posting this message in this site)
I have few question about AOS and work authorization. This is actually for my nephew. He is 2002 DV winner and his case number is 16000 + and he is from Bangladesh.

1) how long one has to wait for for work authorization after sending the AOS + work authorization application off. He sent the application on early Oct..

2) If everything goes well, when his AOS case will be approved?

3) is there any way we can check his status? I think it was sent to local INS in Maryland.

Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you.
Tere

No Title

after his aos was granted the soon as he enters the country he\'\'ll have his work permit i dont know how it works if he does it here i mean in us

No Title

I will share my experience with INS based on the DV-2002 result. what local INS told me is that they cannot accept AOS application until your visa number becomes current. they told me the current visa number for asia (for DV-2002 winners) is about 5000\'s - 6000\'s. the number increases monthly, and I think for January 2002, it is 5800\'s .

so basically, until you see the current number getting close to your visa number, no action would be taken. I dont know if INS will go ahead and process your EAD card or not, but seems every INS office says different thing.

the best bet is to find a good lawyer or someone with extensive knowledge to get info.