• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS and DV-2006

tope

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

I have recently gotten the DV-2006 green card winning notification letter.
Here is my situation:
I am on H1-B, already filed for green card thru my company (employment based). Application waiting somewhere in DOL, since 2003.

I have several questions:
1. Can I file for AOS in the States or I have to submit my papers to the Kentucky Center and go for an interview in my native country?
2. Which one in your opinion is preferrable? AOS here or interview in the local Consulate - advantages and disadvantages?
3. If I choose AOS do I still have to file all the paperwork thru KCC or this is not neccessary?
4. What would be the right approach? Calling USCIS or KCC and asking them? Try the 1-800# for USCIS or try thru the local office. It's always very tough reaching those guys, so I really don't know.

Thanks in advance for your help and ideas.

Thanks for the quick reply. My country is Croatia, the receipt #is 2006EU00000406.
As for the KCC there is some kind of instruction inside the whole package that says: "If you are in the States you may be eligible to apply for AOS. To determine whether or not you are eligible for adjustment you should contact your local USCIS office. They'll provide further info how to proceed if you're eligible". On the other hand in the applications by itself that have to be submitted to KCC there is a box asking whether you want to apply in your country or thru BCIS. That's why it is still confusing for me. USCIS should provide further info (you need to schedule an appointment thru InfoPass, etc.) or you directly file to KCC, checking that you prefer to AOS in BCIS?

Thanks again for any further thoughts on the subject.

If it helps, I was with the same uncertainty and wrote to KCC who answered with this:

"We do request that you complete and return the DSP-122 to the Kentucky Consular Center so that we may update your file. Question 4 of this form states: “Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to process your application”. When adjusting status with the Immigration and Naturalization Service please list the address of your local CIS office."

It was not mentioned anything about the DS-230. I sent the DSP-122 only and will wait for further instructions.

I have my wife with a H-4 so perhaps I will need to send the DS-230 for her, not sure, if somebody here knows if it is important to also send these forms to KCC even for AOS then please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Alo tope from Croatia, kako si? Evo i ja sam ti iz Hrvatske, ali DV2005 winner. Cujes, mozes ici na consular processing (CP) u ZG ili raditi AOS tako da submit papers to INS office. Iskreno da ti kazem moje misljenje je da je bolje da ides doma. Ja sam predala moje papire ovdi u san franciscu krajem 12-og miseca, i evo pola svibnja proslo i jos nemam intervju. Tri mjeseca mi je samo trebalo da dobijem receipt sa fp notice. Ako ikako mozes, idi na CP jer na AOS papiri ti mogu zaglaviti na svakom koraku: od fp do security clearance, itd... Ja sam ostala na AOS jer se nisam htjela odvajati od muza i jer mi je advokat tako savjetovao, ali da sam znala da ce ovo ovoliko dugo uzeti isla bi na CP. Good luck!

same case, i am on h1-b and want to do aos

call KCC, and they told me just to send the form 122
but unfortunately they didn't mention about putting local USCIS office
on question number 4, i put BCIS (no address)

i've sent it about a week ago, and still waiting for their reply

you should, i got a response from kcc, they ask for form 122 and they ask for the address of the local cis office, where you'll be filing. just call them and let them know this info, no matter that you've submitted the form already. do everything by the rules.

just got off the phone with nice lady at KCC

no need for local BCIS office, at least what she told me....

they will figure it out for you