Anyone with Soviet pharm. education?

Hi,Friend!

Hey, how are you doing?

Well, I trained in the former USSR and I'm currently in the US waiting for my FPGEE cert and sponsorship.

If you have any questions ask me and I will try to answer them, ladno? :)

truespirit2004

Privet!

Privet, Truespirit!

Thanks for your reply. I’m DV 2006 winner and waiting for my interview date. As mentioned on my previous posts, I am a practicing pharmacist with 15 years of experience. If everything ok, I will immigrate with my family to US for the end of the Fiscal year. My question is How long will it take to prepare FPGEE taking into consideration that I have Diploma with Honors, my reading English is good enough and I love my profession? Is there a huge difference between our educations, I mean USSR and US? May be first I should work as a pharmacy technician in order to get used to the medications and new ph. System? I have already ordered Shargel’s Green Review Guide book, and also Mannan Sr.’s Q and A. Do I need something else?

I have a lot of questions.. Hope you will find a bit time for your zemlyachke :) :)

Spasibo.

Hey, DD-Pharm Privet!

Congratulations my friend for DV lottery win!

There is no real difference between US and Soviet pharmacy education, apart from names of drugs( mainly brand names) which you will learn as you start your internship training.

Right now with your papers (DV lottery+degree certificate+russian license+FPGEE exam registration documentd) you can go to a state where you can start work as an intern while you are preparing for your FPGEE. This can help with your oral english as well as the drug names. It may even hasten up things for you!

I am sure you know the FPGEE exams are taken twice in a year-june & december. Depending on you it can take up from 3 to 6 months to prepare for your FPGEE.

If you have time both Manan Shroff and L. Shargel are good for the FPGEE.
Can you do your TOEFL & TSE before coming over?

Hey,take care and shestlivo vam!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spasibo!

Thank you so much! Your message was very helpful for me. I will try to take TOEFL ,TSE before we enter US. One more question, what do you thing about evaluating my degree, I mean through the FCI (Chicago). How much time does it take? Maybe I should begin evaluation process now? And what do you mean saying russian license?. Will the confirmation letters from my employers be considered?
Spasobo zaranee. :confused: :confused:

Hello there,DD-pharm

Well, at the time of filing your application to NABP for the FPGEE you will be asked to request your school of pharmacy to mail your transcripts directly to the NABP.They will do all the evaluation of your certificate;at least that's what I did.

After graduation I left to practice in my country where I had my Pharmacist License(of my country) .I sort of assumed that you should have a pharmacist license of your area, apart from your degree certificate. But I don't think it really matters once you go through the FPGEE and have your NABP cert.I just suggested that just in case someone might ask before giving you an intern position while you prepare for the FPGEE exam.Try to be in touch with the NABP,though.

It's good to have those confirmation letters with you though the NABP would not need that anyway; but miight help at the time of your employment.

Well, hope my suggestions really help you in your preparations to move over.
Glad to be of some help. Take care and God bless!

TRUESPIRIT

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Da-a, Nyet!DD-pharm!

Tebie nye nada sponsora! Why? because:

1) With the DV-lottery you will have all your immigration papers in hand already.
You won't be tied to a sponsor!

2) All you need now is to pass your exams and get your FPGEE certificate.

3) Like I told you earlier,you can secure an intern-position before your exams or after.

I'll try to answer any more questions you might have.

Ladno.Svevor harosheva!

:cool:

Hi

Thank you,
I meant you, or maybe I'm wrong? Have you already solved your problem with your visa? :eek: :eek: :eek: