Anyone with no current US employer

visa1

Registered Users (C)
Anyone on this board going for CP with only a future employer and no current US employment? Anyone applying for Greencard for a job in the US in the future.

Thanks

visa1:

I am employed with an Indian company which is an affiliate of a US company sponsoring my GC -CP.

I have my CP interview on 3rd May.

I am in the same boat.I work for the indian Company subsidary of US company.

Amolnaik,
Please post your experience,my interview is on 18th may.

So you two amol and madras are going for CP with only an employment letter and no W2 slips, tax return slips, and no permanent address in the US yet, correct? So all you have is an employment offer letter?

thanks

So you two amol and madras are going for CP with only an employment letter and no W2 slips, tax return slips, and no permanent address in the US yet, correct? So all you have is an employment offer letter?
>> I did work in US for 3 years with US sponsoring company and have W2s/IRS transcripts for 2000,2001 and 2002 and will carry notorized employement letter.

I was planning to create this kind of thread

Hi Amol, AC140Madras and Visa1,

I am also in the same boat. I am working for the same company in India i.e. we have offices in US and India. I was working 2 years back for our US office on H1 for 1.5 years and I have the W2s and the Tax returns (Incidentally, I have been filling W2s as I received some bonus's in 2003!!!)

For the benifit of all the CP-ers who are residing in India/not-in-US and are under more-or-less in the same conditions lets compile the To-Do and To-Take list for interview :

I will start with some and request others to add:

1 Notorised Employement letter - Mandatory
2 W2s (if worked earlier in the US) - Optional or Mandatory ??not sure??
3 IRS transcripts Optional or Mandatory ??not sure??
4 DS230 Part 2 - Filled - Mandatory
5 if wife is also coming than her DS230 Part 2 - Filled - Mandatory
6 if wife is also coming than Affadavit of support I130 - Mandatory
7 Notorising wife's I130 can be done in front of immigration officer ??not sure??
8 Immigration style photgraphs (how many??)
9 all educational marks-memo/marks-sheets/certificates- preferred but not mandatory ??not sure??
10 Passport - Mandatory
11 Current employers, employement letter/offer letter i.e. indian-subsidary employment letter which you must have got when u must have joined ur indian office - Mandatory
12 Original and Photocopies of past and current H1 papers - Preferred but not mandatory

Interview Questions:
A What is ur company's name? ans: current company's name
B how many employees?
C what are u working as ?
D what is/are ur skills?

Misc.:
I Since the persons are in India/home country, go for the medical the moment you receive Packet 4. No need to wait till the last week..is it right??
II If gone by standard NVC route and Visa fees already paid i.e. the Packet 3 says "..We have received all of the necessary Immigrant Visa and applicable Affidavit of support fees for this case.."....then will there be any other type of transaction requiring money i.e. any other fees,etc to be paid at the time of interview??

I am aware that there is a thread which has a list of documents but that is for the persons who are already in the US. So I thought like adding this part to a thread which is already initiated for the CP-ers who are in the home countries.

Alren, KD, ac140madras, amol ..please have ur comments (to my question marks) or additions as appropriate.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I was employed in 1999-2000 and I am planning to get just copies of W-2 and Tax Returns, just in case. I am hoping I won't need them and company's employment letter will be enough.

I think the list provided by forsms is good. It is always best to carry all these docs if you have them, why go back and delay the process just for a missing document. the main thing is to convince them that you are capable of paying taxes, and supporting your family financially.

Good idea to take company brochures as well.

any inputs from gurus for my ??not sure??

Cp gurus,

in my earlier reply in the same thread I have mentioned what to take at the time of interview or to-do. In this the one for which I am not sure I have appended with ??not sure?? .

also in the "Misc" section, I have some querries. Any inputs would be of grate help.

I would be grateful if KD, Alren and other people can confirm it.
Also, if anybody else can add which I have missed out..that would be grate.

Thanks in advance

forsms2002 ,
Thanks for starting this thread.

2.I think we should carry W2s,who know what they will ask for

7.Sometime ago I enquired with consulate,they said Affidavit I-134 can attested at the time of interview.But still need confirmation.
8. According to Chennai consulate website,2 is enough.But 4 is ideal.

Misc.
1.According to P4 instructions.You have to do your medicals 2 working days before the interview.And the medical report is valid for 1 year.I work in bangalore and can do my medical in the last.

2.If you have paid $335 to NVC for each of the applicant.Then all you need to pay is Rs350 for each to the TT services for passport delivery.

Additionaly,I suggest to take

1.Current Employement letter from Indian company.
2.Mention the current employment status in the US employement letter.
3.Carry Indian Tax-file return/salary slips,in case any questions.
4.Carry all the documents like H1b pappers,offer letters,salary slips of US company (in case you had worked previously)
5.Lastly,carry every other US documents like SSN card,DL etc

Anybody in this boat from bangalore??

Thanks,

what do u mean by "current emp. status"?

ac140madras : what do u mean by "Mention the current employment status in the US employement letter"?

I plan to carry just ONE notorised employment letter ..which is just one page and contains statements like
"...This is to confirm that xxx company inc. has made an offer of full-time employment to Mr. ABC as a Programmer as stated under the terms and conditions of his approved LCA. His salary in this position will be atleast $xx,xxx per year...

Is there a requirement to produce an actul offer letter also?
Or you are talking about the old employement/offer letter?

forsms2002,

It was only my opinion,that "Mr: X is currently working in Our subsidary company in India and has been made offer at US company as programer as stated under the terms and conditions of his approved LCA.His salary in this position will be atleast $xx,xxx per year...".Check with your lawyer on their opinion.And I will send the format once I receive mine.

Is there a requirement to produce an actul offer letter also?
Or you are talking about the old employement/offer letter?
>> There is no such requirement to produce any standard format.It was purely my opinion and will update you once I receive offer letter.

you are welcome, ac140, I started this thread :)

I think it will be agood idea to take a notarised affidavit I 134 and one that is is not notarised as well. Most posts here suggest taking one that is already notarised.

Also the employment offer letter has to be notarised.

Re: I was planning to create this kind of thread

Originally posted by forsms2002

Alren, KD, ac140madras, amol ..please have ur comments (to my question marks) or additions as appropriate.

At the top of the thread I started http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119885 there are links to 2 posts for documents to gather. I guess the only exception is I'm assuming U mean I134 (I130)? I do not see much difference in what you listed and what's out there.

Good Luck,

Re: any inputs from gurus for my ??not sure??

Originally posted by forsms2002
also in the "Misc" section, I have some querries. Any inputs would be of grate help.

Misc I, I'm not sure about the medicals. But it would be best if it is closest to the Interview.

Misc II, The fees are 335/pp. So if you have paid to that amt. You should be fine.

I134 cannot be notrised in India

Visa1: I don't thing I134 can be notorised in India. I guess the notorisation may be possible for the persons who are currently in US and come to India only for interview purposte.

If there is someother way u can depict ..than please do share it

Guys,

Those who are in india and processing CP interview,

- You don't need to notarize I-134. Since it has to be notarized by in US, it is not valid if it is notarized in india. You can simply fill the form and take it with you for the interview. They generally don't ask for it (I have seem many cases where it wasn't asked for). So don't worry much about it. Also, consular officer can notarize it, so incase you want, you can sign infront of him and he can notarize it). But just fill the form and take it (one for each dependent).

- Employment letter: This has to come from the sponsoring US company so it has to be notarized in US. Ask your HR people to get it notarized before they send it to you.