Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Hi, my N400 interview was fairly recent and a decision could not be made. I know the 120 days start from the time of the interview, but is that business days or calendar days? Also, the Pro Se guide book I can't find it on the Federal website, any suggestions?

I had my interview back in February 2020, and received an 'unable to make a decision' notice.

I'm now looking at a lawsuit, but have a question.

I was interviewed at the Brooklyn NY field office, but I'm thinking of moving to a different state. Would I sue in Brooklyn federal court, or in the new state where I'll be living?

I believe you let USCIS know about your move and then you file in your new state since USCIS is federal and therefore nationwide.

My time has come to sue [xxxxxxxxxx] over my i751 case. I initially applied on 05/07/2018 for ROC and got fingerprints done on 07/19/2019....that’s the all correspondence I had with them during all this time. Numerous calls, congressmen, ombudsman, I have a lawyer also, nothing helped...Complete radio silence, no RFE, no interview, no transfers, case is in WAC(California) since day 1
Now I hired another attorney to sue. This is a joke, I am waiting since 2018, for more than 32 months at this point, and guys who applied one year after me for approved one year ago lol
I applied based on marriage for ROC in 2018 and got divorced in February 2019 sent them whole package of additional evidence, divorce decree, additional proofs, never even got response from them that they received it...USCIS is highly unprofessional government agency, I really struggle to believe this is actually happening in USA :(

Last edited by a moderator:
GOOD ADVICE: MAKE SURE YOU SERVE THE U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN YOUR DISTRICT WITH THE COMPLAINT BECAUSE THE DEADLINE FOR THE DEFENDANTS TO ANSWER THE COMPLAINT, IS LINKED DIRECTLY TO THE DATE WHEN THE US ATTORNEY RECEIVES THE COMPLAINT

I just finished talking to the asst US atty. I was informed that my file is still traveling around the USA. :p Well, it has to be ordered from my old District Office to the new one, then USCIS will get a chance to look at it and see what can be done. They have till Dec, 13 for now. Hopefully we'll hear some good news by then. Please pray for me! :)

The assistant US attorney was very courteous and professional. She told me that the whole issue lies on the new office's decision.

This is just a quick update regarding my case.

MY NAME IS MISGANU FIKADU FROM ETHEOPIA I FIEND COME TO USA OR CANADA I FIEND WORK I HAVE A PASSPORT AND INTERNATIONAL DRIVENG LICENCE PLEAS HELP ME
+251906264549

Has anyone got any recent experiences (since Covid) of filing Mandamus?

I've heard the courts are really backed up. Just curious how long it's currently taking.

How can I get from the USCIS/DHS a document that shows that the naturalization application processing is delayed due to the FBI name check?

I did file service requests in the past, all I was told in the responses (over the email) was "According to USCIS records, we are unable to move forward with your application until the required background checks have been completed."
This does not specifically say "FBI name check".

Is there a way to get the specific term "FBI name check" (or equivalent) in writing from the USCIS (so I could use it in a lawsuit)?