Anyone waiting for FP with 485 ND between Oct 99 and Mar 00

gcvsc1299

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have applied for 485 in Dec 99. I have not recvd the FP notice. IIO\'s say that I will have to wait for another month or so for the FP notice. They will send me FP notice only when they start processing cases around my ND (which is 12/99).

Anyone else in the same boat. By the way, my 485 was filed at VSC although my residence belongs to Texas service center.

485 rd 12/99, nd 12/99, eb2, waiting for FP.

Thanks.

No Title

Hi,
I don\'t think you can apply to VSC if your residence belongs to TSC. Atleast that\'s what my attorney told me. This is not a legal advice.Please check with your attorney.

No Title

Crapshooter,

He can apply at VSC if his company HQ falls under VSC jusirdiction. Atleast that\'s what my company did for me and I know tons of people like that. Ask your attorney to update his immigration knowledge.

No Title

OCT2000,
I asked my lawyer and he says that 485 is no way related to the company. 485 is strictly between the applicant and INS. I live under VSC jurisdiction and my company\'s HQ is under TSC. I asked my lawyer if I can apply with TSC and he said in order to do that I have to show my address under TSC and also I have to pay my taxes for the given address which he says is not a good idea, because in case of any RFE\'s in future, they may ask for the last 3 years W2/taxes. So he\'s saying that he\'ll file my 485 with VSC. After reading your post, I\'m confused......Any suggestions are welcome.

No Title

I am in california, paying state taxes for 3 years. However, my company HQ in New Jersey, they applied 485 at VSC. Eventhough I talked to lawyer to apply at California, she said that it not a good practice to apply 485 at california while HQ is in VSC region. In fact, my company HQ did not allow any of us to goto CSC.

No Title

He CAN apply at VSC even though he lives in Texas ONLY IF his company has Head Office in the East coast which covers the territory.