Anyone used the Hyderabad drop box for H-1 in past one week?

sangs

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone has used the Hyderabad drop box for applying for
an H1-B visa in the past one week. I submitted mine today and wanted to know how long these are taking.

Thanks a lot,
Sangs.

No Title

Hi sangs,
  I too want to use drop box in Hyderabad. Can you please tell me if you submitted original degree certificates and original experience letters from previous employers?
  Please let me know in detail the documents you submitted.

Ravi

No Title

Sangs. Please reply. Please post details of the documentation, your case, experience at Hyd drop box.

Thanks a lot

My case experience

Hi Ravi,

I submitted my documents at TT services on Monday afternoon and received my H-1 visa in the mail today. I submitted all the documents listed for H-1B applicants, on the following website:
http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in1/wwwhl_h.html
For the US company info, I submitted my tax returns for last year, the company\'s annual report and a monthly brochure.

Apart from the documents listed here, I submitted:
- Employment verification letter stating my date of hire, pay, position.
- Letter from my bank (on bank\'s letterhead) stating my account number, when my account was opened, what the balance is on my account as of that day.
- Letter from my supervisor stating that I have been granted leave for
3 weeks.
- Copy of front and back of both I-94\'s (my F-1 and H-1), copy of my Employment Authorization Document).
- Copy of my passports (old and new).
- Any certificates of courses or awards included on my resume.
- To answer one of your questions above, yes, I did include my original degree certificates.
- I-20 (front and back).
- Transcripts to go with the degree certificates \'coz none of my degree certificates mention what I specialized in.
- Two DDs, in favor of American Consulate General, Chennai payable at Chennai - amounts for Rs. 2205/- and Rs. 3675/-
- Cash of Rs. 300/- to pay to TT Services.
- 2 37mm x 37mm color pics on a light background.
- Copies of all originals.

I went to TT Services at about 12:15 pm or so. Was given a file in which I had to include all the documents in seperate pockets which were named accordingly - eg. original degrees, LCA, etc. There was a pocket for all copies but there was no place for all the extra documentation I had - so, I just stuffed that somewhere else (in a pocket named for something else). Had to put my name and add. down on the courier envelope given to me. Then, my DDs were checked. Oh, I had
to put my name and passport# on each of the DDs. Was given a token and
asked to go to a counter. The lady there again asked me to check my documents and checked the DDs - took the Rs. 300/- cash for their service and that\'s it. Received everything by courier on Wednesday afternoon, with the visa stamp.

Good luck with your stuff.

Sangs.

DS-157 form question

Hi,

Planning to do H1 stamping going to india.
Did u fill the DS-157 form. I have a question, do we need to fill the Full Name (In Native alphabet) in my indian native language(mother tongue). And what about the Travel Arrangements question .., do we need to give the return itinerary details for this or leave it...

thanks for sharing info about your experience

an

H-1 stamping

Hi,

I submitted my H1 papers to TT Services on Monday (Feb. 4th) and received the visa by courier on Wednesday (Feb. 6th).

Sangs, are you a boy or a girl.

No DS-157, I guess you are a girl or older than 45 ! Am I right?

Sangs, did you submit pix of your company?

Sangs,
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Did you submit the pictures of your company?

Thanks.

DS-157 form question

Hi Sangs,

thanks for your reply. Oh ok.., only males and inbetween 16 and 45....

anil