Anyone travelled after passport stamping ??

tpp_1

Registered Users (C)
Hello all.

Has anyone travelled to India via PARIS, or FRANKFORT recently after the passport stamping (using AIR INDIA).

I would like to know if it requires any transit visa. Our passports are stamped and did not receive the cards yet, But we are planning to travel with just stamping.

What is the best route to travel in case if we require to obtain transit visa, or if we can travel through some route where we don't require any transit visa.

Please let me know and thanks in advance.

Thanks,
tp

I travelled to india shortly after getting my PP stamped through Paris on Air France. The French consulate in NY said I needed a transit visa so I obtained one for $40+. The only time they even bothered to look at my passport in Paris was during my return trip. It was the usual practice at the boarding area where they check for visa or greencard or US passport. Other than that, nobody seemed to give a damn what passport I was carrying or if I had a transit visa stamped in it.
I've heard that AI doesn't require you to get a transit visa cuz you have the option of not getting out of the airplane and entering the airport. If there is an emergency or break of journey due to reasons beyond your control, I am sure AI folks will help you get a transit/shortstay visa on the spot for any overnight stay.
Finally, the transit visa through Germany was $11 when I flew Lufthansa last April but the same stupid visa was $40+ at the French consulate. So if you want to CYA, then fly through Frankfurt and spend less money on it.
The other plus side of flying Luft or via Frankfurt is that they have the lowest percentage of lost or unaccompanied baggage.

Originally posted by tpp_1
Hello all.

Has anyone travelled to India via PARIS, or FRANKFORT recently after the passport stamping (using AIR INDIA).

I would like to know if it requires any transit visa. Our passports are stamped and did not receive the cards yet, But we are planning to travel with just stamping.

What is the best route to travel in case if we require to obtain transit visa, or if we can travel through some route where we don't require any transit visa.

Please let me know and thanks in advance.

Thanks,
tp