Anyone in the same boat??

ramihan

HelIo! I got my EB green card in the beginning of the year after being on F1 visa and doing my Master of Divinity at Harvard and then starting PhD in theology. I never worked with my employer until I got approved for the green card. After I got approved, the sponsor sent the offer saying that although the position is full time and the salary will be as defined by the labor certificate, they will give me 1099 and not W2 at this time. They said that all employees receive 1099 now. I have the same position and job duties as approved in the PERM and I work full time and get the salary defined in the PERM. I have severe anxiety and panic attacks and I am worried if this may impact my future citizenship WHEN I APPLY TO N-400. I did not know about all these things until my green card was approved. The company attorney said I have no reason to worry because I intended to immigrate and stick to the regulation. I asked many attorneys at Avvo and many of them said I am fine. Two attorney though said that I was sponsored to be a W-2 employee not 1099 and that 1099 is a problem and that made me panic. The company gave me an official letter stating that I am FT employee. I will make sure to pay all my taxes. I know in the naturalization application they do not ask if I was W2 or 1099 as long as I am employed by the same sponsor. What should I do? Will be fine? I have been working with them company for 3 years almost now