anyone experienced at TSC immigration officeer asking for ssn

GC_Constipation

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

surprised that she asked me for the info when i enquired on my case.. asked me to call back in 60 days but wondering anyone out there were also asked ssn.. any hypothesis on why ssn ???

Well, in my experience, they asked my SSN , when I called bunch of times....I would say - it's nothing new

Yes

I called today TSC. She asked me SSN and I140 EAC number. She told call back after 30 Days.. Case is waiting to get officer...

I was also experienced same thing..
I was asked SSN and told to me my case is in the process of to assign the IO.

I don't know what are they talking..last week when I called another IO told me you will see something in the mail in mid of july...

Eb3 - PD oct'03
I485 RD - Aug'2004
FP2 done on 06/25/07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

surprised that she asked me for the info when i enquired on my case.. asked me to call back in 60 days but wondering anyone out there were also asked ssn.. any hypothesis on why ssn ???

Visa Number

Today again I called TSC and got very good friendly IO. She told me there is nothing in system to check Visa number is assigned. when officer pickup files and see everything looks good then he will update DOS with A# number so visa number will assign to file then approve.

I also told.. there are people with PD 2002/2003/2004 are getting approval and my case is PD 2001. She told me... Your case is in staging area and officer will pickup case when he/she gets time... There is not sequence.. So I think they are approving randomly pending I-485.. if they goes any sequence.. my case should have some result… for any sequence .. I will get result.. By now...

So when there is random.. Then I will get last turn... I am unlucky by born……

When I called Monday.. IO told, My file has visa number.. so looks like they are giving any information just to finish phone call.

This time.. She asked me SSN, I140 number.. Giving SSN to USCIS is not wrong.. I think.. Giving SSN to any government agency is not issue.. You can NOT say no that I can not give you SSN when IO asked...

if a case is waiting for office does it mean it has a visa number assigned to it ??