• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Anyone can tell me what is the right thing to do?

ludmilmm

Hi,
I am new to this forum but I hope someone can give me an idea what to do. My wife was offered a green card through employment. We haven't filed the forms, yet, because she needs to obtain her license first (in about 1 month). Meanwhile, we received a letter in the mail, stating that she's won the DV lottery for 2010. My question is which one should we file first? Isn't it better to file both, just to be on a safe side? Thanks for your help!

My wife was offered a green card through employment.
I guess you are talking about a visa category that has the possibility to go for a GC. Nobody can offer you a GC.

I would go for the DV GC, because you are not relient on someone.

However, where are you from? Would be nice if you update your signature in the UserCP like mine.

DV is the better choice, just like what Tazmania said. I assume you are in the US already, so be sure to stay current on your visa during AOS.

Even though the DV lottery is better, I believe you can file both. You have nothing to lose.

If you file employment based, all winners with high Case No.s will have a chance.

What country of chargeability is ur spouse from for DV?

First of all, I would like to thank you all for your generousity and meritoriousness to share your knowledge and experiances.
I'm a new comer in this forum. Found this wonderfull forum last week and I have read few threads. I didnt think to prepare anything if I can win someday until I found this forum. Thanks again !
Being prepared is a good ideal, with this chance I would like to ask few questions about DS-230 (in-case someday receive NL) :)
- Q12, If I'm an employee, can we just fill up "Employee" or do we have fill up more specific
- Q35, If I've visited USA (Visa B1/B2) before, How we can find DHS "A" Number
Do Understand that we may fill up by "N/A" if we dont know about that
- Q39, If I have a wife and a child (3 person), each copy of form for "Name of patitioner" will be primary winner's name for those 3 forms or will it be the same as on Q36 each form ?
- Q43b, Should we cross "YES" ?
- There is a question bellow 43.a, Would you like to receive a replacement card ?
Should we cross "Yes" ?
(We must answer YES to question 43.b instead of 33.b)
- The other question, Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you a SSN and issue a card. Should we cross "YES" ?
(FYI, point 43a, will be "NO" for me)
- If I have a child 3 years old, which one is the better to sign up (Father or Mother or the primary winner)
I'm sorry if it sounds courius even I'm not a winner (yet) and thank you in adanve for your advise soon. Best Regards.

First of all, I would like to thank you all for your generousity and meritoriousness to share your knowledge and experiances.
I'm a new comer in this forum. Found this wonderfull forum last week and I have read few threads. I didnt think to prepare anything if I can win someday until I found this forum. Thanks again !
Being prepared is a good ideal, with this chance I would like to ask few questions about DS-230 (in-case someday receive NL) :)
- Q12, If I'm an employee, can we just fill up "Employee" or do we have fill up more specific
- Q39, If I have a wife and a child (3 person), each copy of form for "Name of patitioner" will be primary winner's name for those 3 forms or will it be the same as on Q36 each form ?
- There is a question bellow 43.a, Would you like to receive a replacement card ?
Should we cross "Yes" ?
- The other question, Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you a SSN and issue a card. Should we cross "YES" ?
- If I have a child 3 years old, which one is the better to sign up (Father or Mother or the primary winner)
I'm sorry if it sounds courius even I'm not a winner (yet) and thank you in adanve for your advise soon. Best Regards.

You need to be specific by stating your occupation, e.g. teaching, plumbing, hairdressing, farming, secretary, etc

Since you've indicated you were there on B1/B2 visa, it means you don't have this number, so just put N/A.

- Q39, If I have a wife and a child (3 person), each copy of form for "Name of patitioner" will be primary winner's name for those 3 forms or will it be the same as on Q36 each form?
The petitioner is the name of the primary winner and must be stated on all the 3 forms.

Should we cross "Yes" ?
Apart from 43a, cross YES for all.

I think the primary winner or the person who filled the form for the child.

These are my answers.

Thanks a lot ammeck09, really appreciated
I was wondering how is look like for 2nd NL and what type of form(s) do we have to fill up
Is there anybody can share, please...
ammeck09, good luck to you & hope you will have 2nd NL soon, interview run smoothly and everything will be OK. GBU.

Thanks a lot ammeck09, really appreciated
I was wondering how is look like for 2nd NL and what type of form(s) do we have to fill up
Is there anybody can share, please...
ammeck09, good luck to you & hope you will have 2nd NL soon, interview run smoothly and everything will be OK. GBU.

The 2 letter is not a form to be filled. It just state the date and place you will have your interview.

I see - thanks
How we can know our number current ?
And when we should be exeminated for medical and pay fee to KCC ?

Thanks for the info
So we should obtain monthly and wait until our region become Current, rite ?
And when is the rite time to subcribe to listserv@calist.state.gov ?
And how about DV Fee ?
I'm sorry for above silly questions as Im totally blind about that
Thank you in advance for your advise