Anyone applied in EB1 after changing areas after PhD?

I have a situation where I am considering applying in EB1 EA based on my PhD from a US university. After completing my PhD, I started working in the software development area. Since, it is taking eternity to get green card based on EB3, I am thinking of giving EB1 a shot. Has anyone done something like this or can someone suggest best possible ways in presenting my case? I have two publications which have been cited. Is there any implicit requirement that one has to be working in the area of the PhD in order to be eligible for EB1?
Also, any advice on an attorney?

Thanks in advance

Looking for advice

No Title

I too have a Ph.D from a US University. I have 6 publications and some 50 citations, and based on these qualifications the INS found fit to approve my I140 EB1EA. I am awaiting I485 approval.

It was my experience that the citations are very important, as are the letters of recommendation. It is also very important that you work in the area of expertise that you claim to when filing the I140, because your application is based upon the premise that your education, qualifications etc. make you the unique one-of-a-kind worker that you claim to be. However, I am a molecular biologist, and maybe the situation is different for software PhD\'s.

You definitely want to check with a good attorney (Rajiv Khanna comes to mind :)) before you take the step though.

Hope it helps.

RAthesungod.

No Title

Hi,
I am preparing my EB1.
Could you tell me what citation means in EB1?
thanks

jz

No Title

dear rathesungod
dear god can u help me with some tips on how u filed under the eb1 catergory. I have about 8 publications (not first author mind u) and i have about 9 citations. do u think i could do it myself?
i am confident of writing up the petition.
could u send me ur cover letter. i am also a mol biologist (p0st doc)
on the east coast
email me at harohallik@hotmail.com
thanks i appreciate ur help